Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lolo
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview - Disconnect user

Hello,

I've Qlikview Server (12 SR3) with 128 Gb RAM, W2012 R2 on VMWare . The QVD size is 4,6 Gb. My users, on external lan are randomly disconnect.

The server is installed with Microsoft IIS 

I check RAM configuration, timeout in IIS by this topic : Lost connection to server, Reconnecting or Session... - Qlik Community - 1717037

I checked all, and changed parameters in IIS and Qlikview admin console. I don't know why users are disconnect. Coukd you help me.

Thank you

11 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Lolo,

Have you reviewed the QlikView Server Events log set to High Verbosity when this issue occurs?  Are there any service restart errors or virtual memory warnings?  What errors do you see when one of these specific UserIDs gets disconnected?  Please provide the error(s) here.  Also, please note that QlikView version 12 is long past its sunset date and has been unsupported for quite some time.  Suggest that you upgrade your QlikView Server to one of the newer supported versions - 12.50 or 12.60.  You will need to be running a supported version if you need direct assistance from Qlik Support.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Lolo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello @Chip_Matejowsky 

Thank you. I don't have any error on service restarting.  But in logs, I've :

- IncreaseMemoryQuota: Request TextObject::GetFrame going MT_HIGH

- StdServer: Fiber loop (7ed240b820) stall detected: last fiber loop iteration started 301203 ms ago

I know, my server is not supported but It will change in 3 monthes

Best regards

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Lolo check the QlikView Server Sessions log for the userIDs and timestamps for when these users experienced the issue.  What is listed under Exit Reason for these users?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Lolo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky 

Under exit user, I've this message :

Information Session stop reason: Socket closed by client

Best regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Lolo 

You mention that users on your external Lan gets disconnected, are there internal users that do not have this issue? Can you explain what you meant by external lan?

Lolo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Maria_Halley 

The users are customers. They connect from your side (wan and VPN).

Best regards.

marcus_sommer

You may run just into any timeouts or other limitations. Especially if your mentioned file-size is a compressed value the real RAM consumption could be much higher and the 128 GB of RAM might be not enough for your environment. Should this the case and Qlik needs to use the virtual RAM on disc it will decrease the performance quite significantly.

Further the used client is important. By using the desktop client or the IE plugin a big amount of the data will be transferred because most of the rendering will be done from the client and by a small network-connection it may just take too long. By using the AJAX client nearly everything happens on the server and only the rendered results will be transferred.

Beside looking into the various log-files a glance on the task-manager during the opening as well as before and after the usage of this app should also provide valuable hints what happens.

- Marcus

Lolo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky 

I upload files on the ftp as you want.

Thank you for your help

Lolo

Lolo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @marcus_sommer 

I will check with task manager, but I don't know AJAX client, sorry.

Thank you

Lolo