Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenAdams
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Open in server not working

Hi All,

I can't open document from the server when trying from my local machine, 

I am encountering with this error plase let me know how to resolve the issue. 

Connected to server OK Negotiations Timed Out.png

Thanks...

Labels (1)
  • Other

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@KenAdams  check to make sure port 4747 is open on your local machine and the QlikView server. What URL are you using? Has this worked for you before?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KenAdams,

QlikView Desktop communicates with QlikView Server using the QlikView Protocol (QVP) over port 4747. When this port isn’t open, error "Connected to server OK, Negotiations Timed Out Switching to HTTP tunneling" is returned.  If you are receiving this message when attempting to use File > Open in Server, then I agree with @Lucas_Gatling in that you should confirm post 4747 is open. 

Have a look at Qlik Knowledgebase articles Troubleshooting QlikView License Lease Issues   and How to Check Open Ports using PowerShell.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@KenAdams  check to make sure port 4747 is open on your local machine and the QlikView server. What URL are you using? Has this worked for you before?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lucas, for othe users its working, they are able to lease the licence from server, this issue is from my side, for me its showing this error

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KenAdams,

QlikView Desktop communicates with QlikView Server using the QlikView Protocol (QVP) over port 4747. When this port isn’t open, error "Connected to server OK, Negotiations Timed Out Switching to HTTP tunneling" is returned.  If you are receiving this message when attempting to use File > Open in Server, then I agree with @Lucas_Gatling in that you should confirm post 4747 is open. 

Have a look at Qlik Knowledgebase articles Troubleshooting QlikView License Lease Issues   and How to Check Open Ports using PowerShell.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the help..

@Chip_Matejowsky, @Lucas_Gatling