Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navpinto
Contributor
Contributor

SAP Connector 6.1.1 Hangs

Hello

We upgraded SAP connector from 5.80 to 6.1.1 but we are facing problems in the productive system.

We use Publisher to relaoad aplications and some tasks are not working, Qlikview( version 11) connects to SAP, extracts the data, but, without explanation "QlikView SAP Network Server" windows service stops (and we need to re-start mannualy again).

I can't find any errors on the connector logs, it simple seems that stops writing logs when the service stops.

The only error i found is on Windows Event Viewer, but also don't help very much:

"

The QlikView SAP Network Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

-System
-Provider
[ Name] Service Control Manager
[ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}
[ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager
-EventID7034
[ Qualifiers] 49152
Version0
Level2
Task0
Opcode0
Keywords0x8080000000000000
-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2015-12-05T10:04:38.767443000Z
EventRecordID31700
Correlation
-Execution
[ ProcessID] 916
[ ThreadID] 5656
ChannelSystem
Computer<CONNECTOR SERVERNAME>
Security
-EventData
param1QlikView SAP Network Server
param22

"

Does anyone faced a situation like this one and can help me?

As it is occuring in the productive system we are also evaluting the downgrade to the previos version.

Thanks,

Nuno

4 Replies
navpinto
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Regarding the downgrade, i will uninstaling the current version of the SAP connector, install again the old version and re-import the tranport request from the older version in SAP.

This procedure is correct?

Thanks.

Regards,

Nuno

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Nuno,

Yes it is the correct procedure to downgrade.

Regards,

Håkan

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Nuno,

Do you have multiple connection strings in the Script document that is being used?

Is the publisher starting more than one extraction job at the same time or are there more jobs running at the same time (in parallel)?

Br,

Tomas

v_petrenko
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Same problems exist in my environment. I doubt that this issue is version specific as I've faced it with both with 5.80 SR4 and the newest 6.3.2. However the latter one shows much more stable work regarding Extractor connector, at least 2 months without single trouble until yesterday.

Regarding log records that correspond to the trouble, Windows Application log contains some but non informative. They just mention that c:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\SrvService.exe application failed.