Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WalterSchmidt
Contributor II
Contributor II

SAP Extractor connector - deactivate/activate the extractor requires reinitialization of delta?

Hi together,

after a hot package in SAP I'm running into the problem:
Error: WRONG DATA SELECTION reported from SAP , rqState5: DataSource &1 has to be replicated (time stamp, see long text)
We are not using any BW in SAP.

The document "Qlik Connector for SAP - Tips and Tricks v2.1.pdf" shows this solution:

Error: WRONG DATA SELECTION reported from SAP , rqState5: DataSource &1 has to be replicated (time stamp, see long text)
Try this procedure:
1. Deactivate the Extractor in transaction /n/QTQVC/DEACTIVATE
2. Replicate in transaction RSA1
3. Activate the Extractor in transaction /n/QTQVC/ACTIVATE
Please note that reactivation of an extractor requires a reinitialization of the delta (if used).

My question:
The "reinitialization of the delta" means that I have to do a new Full-INIT with UPDMODE C ?
So I loose the deltas?
Or can I start with a reload of the last delta?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WalterSchmidt
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Håkan for your fast response.

I tried to do anything in RSA1 - but nothing helps.
We are running no SAP-BW - we're only using the QLIK-Extractor.
I configured the extractor as described in the installation document (no use of RSA1).

So I tried a last thing - I activated the extractor in transaction /n/QTQVC/ACTIVATE without deactivating.
At the start I got the message "Extractor 2LIS_11_VAITM is previously activated" - but I can execute the transaction.

Then I did a "new delta reload" and it's working perfectly.
I compared the "new delta reload" to the "last delta" and the "last delta" is completely included in the reload and the new records til the last delta are included too.

I think the activation synchronizes the timestamps to the last known successfully export of the logical system.

Perhaps this information may be helpful for others too.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Yes, you have to do a new Full load INIT with UPDMODE C. It is not possible to start with the last delta.

Regards,
Håkan

WalterSchmidt
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Håkan for your fast response.

I tried to do anything in RSA1 - but nothing helps.
We are running no SAP-BW - we're only using the QLIK-Extractor.
I configured the extractor as described in the installation document (no use of RSA1).

So I tried a last thing - I activated the extractor in transaction /n/QTQVC/ACTIVATE without deactivating.
At the start I got the message "Extractor 2LIS_11_VAITM is previously activated" - but I can execute the transaction.

Then I did a "new delta reload" and it's working perfectly.
I compared the "new delta reload" to the "last delta" and the "last delta" is completely included in the reload and the new records til the last delta are included too.

I think the activation synchronizes the timestamps to the last known successfully export of the logical system.

Perhaps this information may be helpful for others too.