Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Connectivity

Discussion board for collaboration related to QlikView Connectors.

Announcements
On Demand Webinar: See Why Thousands of QlikView Users Have Switched to Qlik Sense. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WalterSchmidt
Contributor II
Contributor II

SAP Extractor connector - deactivate/activate the extractor requires reinitialization of delta?

Hi together,

after a hot package in SAP I'm running into the problem:
Error: WRONG DATA SELECTION reported from SAP , rqState5: DataSource &1 has to be replicated (time stamp, see long text)
We are not using any BW in SAP.

The document "Qlik Connector for SAP - Tips and Tricks v2.1.pdf" shows this solution:

Error: WRONG DATA SELECTION reported from SAP , rqState5: DataSource &1 has to be replicated (time stamp, see long text)
Try this procedure:
1. Deactivate the Extractor in transaction /n/QTQVC/DEACTIVATE
2. Replicate in transaction RSA1
3. Activate the Extractor in transaction /n/QTQVC/ACTIVATE
Please note that reactivation of an extractor requires a reinitialization of the delta (if used).

My question:
The "reinitialization of the delta" means that I have to do a new Full-INIT with UPDMODE C ?
So I loose the deltas?
Or can I start with a reload of the last delta?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WalterSchmidt
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Håkan for your fast response.

I tried to do anything in RSA1 - but nothing helps.
We are running no SAP-BW - we're only using the QLIK-Extractor.
I configured the extractor as described in the installation document (no use of RSA1).

So I tried a last thing - I activated the extractor in transaction /n/QTQVC/ACTIVATE without deactivating.
At the start I got the message "Extractor 2LIS_11_VAITM is previously activated" - but I can execute the transaction.

Then I did a "new delta reload" and it's working perfectly.
I compared the "new delta reload" to the "last delta" and the "last delta" is completely included in the reload and the new records til the last delta are included too.

I think the activation synchronizes the timestamps to the last known successfully export of the logical system.

Perhaps this information may be helpful for others too.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Yes, you have to do a new Full load INIT with UPDMODE C. It is not possible to start with the last delta.

Regards,
Håkan

WalterSchmidt
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Håkan for your fast response.

I tried to do anything in RSA1 - but nothing helps.
We are running no SAP-BW - we're only using the QLIK-Extractor.
I configured the extractor as described in the installation document (no use of RSA1).

So I tried a last thing - I activated the extractor in transaction /n/QTQVC/ACTIVATE without deactivating.
At the start I got the message "Extractor 2LIS_11_VAITM is previously activated" - but I can execute the transaction.

Then I did a "new delta reload" and it's working perfectly.
I compared the "new delta reload" to the "last delta" and the "last delta" is completely included in the reload and the new records til the last delta are included too.

I think the activation synchronizes the timestamps to the last known successfully export of the logical system.

Perhaps this information may be helpful for others too.

View solution in original post