Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[SAP Report] - Select Report Option does not return any results.

Greetings Qlik Developers,

I have a problem Extracting data from SAP report using SAPReportConnector version 6.0.124.

Specifically, my problem is when I use the Select Report Options to get the data. Below is the detailed explanation.

The report consists of 8 input parameters. 4 inputs has Kind = P, and the other 4 has Kind = S.  With one of the S inputs is mandatory (Air Date)

Select Report Option.PNG

From the picture above, I tried to input the Air Date = 20170701, and I put Detail = X because I would like to see the Detail version of the report. As a result, the result comes up as expected.

However, when I tried to choose the Detail 2 version of the report by marking Detail 2 = X, no results showed up, but when I applied the same parameter in the SAP, it was working just fine and the results are out.

Detail 2 = X

Detail 2 Option.PNG

No result Come Up

no result.PNG

Results from SAP

Result from SAP.png

Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem as I have?

Where did I do wrong?

Any kind of help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Adam Ginza

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Adam,

In the 'Detail 2' = 'X' version also add an Include for 'Detail' with the value ' ' (a blank space). Might work!

Regards,

Hakan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Adam,

In the 'Detail 2' = 'X' version also add an Include for 'Detail' with the value ' ' (a blank space). Might work!

Regards,

Hakan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion worked !!

However, I encountered the next issue.

Every time I entered different value for Air Date, the delimiter for the report changed from '!' to '5'.

Is there a way to fix this from Qlikview's perspective? Because when I googled this issue, the answer is because the report made by my client is to complex.

FYI, I plan to get daily data by looping per AirDate. I could make a variant or Report Option with AirDate between 20170601 To 20171231 for instance. But it's taking a long time to reload, and the qvw will reload daily. So to prevent that, I was planning to delta load, instead of initial load every time the qvw reloads.

Here's the screen shot.

Jun1 : Delimiter '!'

1Jun Data.PNG

Jun2 : Delimiter '5'

2Jun Data.PNG

Regards,

Adam Ginza

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam,

It should still be possible to set the correct column widths in the GUI.

There are some fixes in newer versions of the Qlik SAP Report Connector that will allow for more complex reports to run. Please upgrade to the latest version and use the check box: "Auto Detect Column Width", to get the columns automatically.

Thanks,

Tomas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Right now we are on process for upgrading the Qlik SAP Connector to latest version which is 6.5.1. I'll post a reply once the upgrade has finished, and the issue has been solved.

Meanwhile, is it possible to check the "Auto Column Width" checkbox, and defining categories for data, header, skip, etc manually? As far as I know, the check box will be disabled if we choose to define the rows manually.

Regards,

Adam Ginza

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam,

The "Auto Detect Column Width" feature was mainly introduced to handle cases where column widths may change from one run to another, as data was changed.  The manual method gives fixed widths, while "Auto Detect Column Width" is checking the widths each time it runs and also picks the header etc. It is very convenient for many types of reports but may not handle some of the more complex reports.

Currently, it is not possible to combine the feature ("Auto Detect Column Width") with defining categories for e.g. header etc. manually.

Please read more here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/6.5/QV-connection/SAP-...

Regards,

Tomas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the clarification.

For my case, I think it's better to use the "Auto Detect Width Column" since the report is not too complex..yet.

Anyway, your suggestion worked after I upgraded to SAP Connector 6.5.1. No more "mismatched detected" Warning Message.

And Hakan's hrg‌ solution also worked by putting a Space (' ') in the first choice of a radio button list.

Thanks again for both of your helps. Appreciate it.

Cheers,

Adam Ginza