cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

SAP SQL Connector 8.01. issue

Hello, I have a problem with the SAP Connector 8.0.1. and loading from table CGPL_HIERARCHY (SAP Project Planning). I use the following simple SQL:

table:
SELECT
client,
GUID,
PROJECT_GUID,
TASK_LEVEL,
UP
FROM CGPL_HIERARCHY;

The CLIENT, GUID, PROJECT_GUID and TASK_LEVEL columns are complete and correspond to the table content (according to SE16 view). The UP column is empty, although there are values in the table (SE16)!

Parameters from connection string:

advancedProperties=1;
ConvRoutine=0;
CheckSeparator=false;
nulldate=0;
RemoveAllBlanks=false
;ReplaceNullvalue=0;
Trace=1;
MixedMode=1;
NulldateLegacy=false;
FLTP Legacy=0;
TIMS Legacy=0;
DataTypeLegacyMode=false;
PacketSize=2000;
FetchBuffers=99999999;
BufferPercentage=10;
TimeOutBatch=600;
TimeOutFetch=1200;
TimeOutStartBatch=2400;
BatchJobName=/QTQVC/READ_DATA;
SocketBufferSize=32768;

DB: HDB (HANA) Base:756

Can someone help me? Maybe someone can verify this on their system?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hakan_Ronningberg

This was tricky. My guess is that SAP has changed something in the Basis version you are using, compared to earlier ones. 'UP' is an unusual column name. It is part of the SELECT syntax (UP TO n ROWS). Therefore I first thought that it was a reserved word that could not be used, but it part of an SAP table so that does not make sense. I would also expect some kind of error message from SAP if it was causing any problem in the SELECT statement.

For the moment I have no more ideas. Maybe you can ask SAP if they have changed anything in the SQL syntax related to a column named 'UP'?

Regards,
Håkan

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Try to remove comma between the field names like:

SELECT
client
GUID
PROJECT_GUID
TASK_LEVEL
UP
FROM CGPL_HIERARCHY;

Regards,
Håkan

sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Håkan,

unfortunately no change, column "UP" still empty - no values

regards,

Sebastian

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Sebastian,

Strange. I get values from column 'UP' using our test system (HDB, Basis 751) with release 8.0.1. For the moment we do not have a Basis 756 test system.

Can you attach the log file? The path to the log files is: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPSqlConnector\Log (for QlikView) or C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Custom Data\QvSAPSqlConnector\Log (for Qlik Sense).

Regards,
Håkan

sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Håkan,

log file attached. 

I need to correct my statement - the "UP" column returns 000000000000000000000000 with the above query:

sebastianQlik_0-1661849060949.png

If the SQL query is extended by the "DOWN" column, values (<> 000000000000000000000000 ) are shown in the "UP" column, but these do not correspond to the actual table content (checked with SE16). Furthermore, only values 000000000000000000000000 are incorrectly shown in the "DOWN" column.

SELECT
client,
GUID,
PROJECT_GUID,
TASK_LEVEL,
UP,
DOWN
FROM CGPL_HIERARCHY;

sebastianQlik_1-1661849361611.png

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi again,

It would be interesting if you can test it directly in SAP by using the transaction  /n/QTQVC/SQL. See here how it works under 'Testing SQL statements':
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/Connectors_SAP/Configu...

You can also try statement:
SELECT
client
GUID
PROJECT_GUID
TASK_LEVEL
UP
FROM CGPL_HIERARCHY
where up > ' '

Do not use ';' at the end of the statement in this transaction.

Regards,
Håkan

sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Using the following SQL statement with /n/QTQVC/SQL also gives the same result.

sebastianQlik_0-1661856810535.png

Result values from SE16 query for comparison:

sebastianQlik_2-1661857124666.png

regards 

Sebastian

Hakan_Ronningberg

OK. Any useful information in the job log for /QTQVC/READ_DATA in transaction SM37?

Anything strange in the system log, transaction SM21?

Regards,
Håkan

sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

no abnormalities.

regards,

Sebastian

Hakan_Ronningberg

This was tricky. My guess is that SAP has changed something in the Basis version you are using, compared to earlier ones. 'UP' is an unusual column name. It is part of the SELECT syntax (UP TO n ROWS). Therefore I first thought that it was a reserved word that could not be used, but it part of an SAP table so that does not make sense. I would also expect some kind of error message from SAP if it was causing any problem in the SELECT statement.

For the moment I have no more ideas. Maybe you can ask SAP if they have changed anything in the SQL syntax related to a column named 'UP'?

Regards,
Håkan