Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doherja
Contributor III
Contributor III

Salesforce password and token

Hello,

I have a Salesforce ID, password, and token. The connection wizard for the QV Salesforce connector has inputs: 'Username' and 'Password (and security token, if needed).' How are the password and token to be entered in a single field? I have tried appending the token to the password, and I have tried ignoring the token. In either case, when I press 'Test Connection,' the wizard closes quietly. If I begin with the 'Select...' button, I am not able to see any objects.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

In Windows, open Control Panel > Programs and Features and find the Qlik Salesforce Connector and check the version column for the build version.

SFDC version.png

Also, what is the full build version of QV Desktop you're running?  You can find version in Control Panel > Programs and Features as well.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @doherja 

What version of the SFDC are you running?  Can you post a screen shot of the SalesForce Connection screen?

Best Regards

doherja
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

Below is the connection screen that I see.  I do not know the version of the connector--could you tell me how I can determine it?  Thanks

SF1.png

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

In Windows, open Control Panel > Programs and Features and find the Qlik Salesforce Connector and check the version column for the build version.

SFDC version.png

Also, what is the full build version of QV Desktop you're running?  You can find version in Control Panel > Programs and Features as well.

Best Regards

doherja
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Connector is 11.0.10017.0.  I can see that that is quite old, so I will get it updated and let you know.  QV Desktop is 12.40.20100.0.

Thanks

doherja
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am able to connect with a more current connector. 

(Note to any QV users who find this thread: you must use the lower of two 'Select' buttons in the script editor--see below.)

SF2.png

Chip, thanks for your help.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Ah, the 11.0.10017.0 version of SalesForce Connector has been deprecated for quite a long time now.  The most current available version is 14.81, so suggest that you download and use it.

If I recall correctly, the 11.XX and 12.XX, you had to append the token at the end of the password for the connection.  In the newer versions, there are separate boxes to enter password and token.

Best Regards