Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raghulv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Setting Up a Trigger Button in QlikView Access Point

Hi Qlik Community,

I need assistance in setting up a trigger button in a QlikView application accessible through the Access Point. I want the button to initiate a specific action when clicked by users. Here's what I'm looking for:

The QlikView document has user input boxes in the frontend, where users can provide specific values.

I want to create a custom button that, when clicked by users, triggers a predefined action based on the provided input values. For example:

1. If the user enters values in the input box, then clicking the button should initiate a data reload.
I'm unsure about the steps and configurations needed to set up this trigger button within the QlikView Access Point.

Note:  I have already tried using QlikView Macros, but they were not working in the Access Point. I need further guidance on how to achieve my objective.

Can anyone provide a step-by-step guide on how to create and set up a trigger button in the QlikView Access Point? Any tips or insights to ensure smooth functionality would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your valuable support!

Best regards, 
Raghul V
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

It is not possible to initiate a reload directly from Webview / Ajax / access Point.

There used to be a document on how to work around this by triggering an EDX task, but it seems to have been taken offline. The original link was https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4343 - you may be able to find an archived version of this using the Wayback machine or something similar.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

It is not possible to initiate a reload directly from Webview / Ajax / access Point.

There used to be a document on how to work around this by triggering an EDX task, but it seems to have been taken offline. The original link was https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4343 - you may be able to find an archived version of this using the Wayback machine or something similar.

Raghulv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your answer. I will check the link.