Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amotley
Contributor
Contributor

Snowflake to Qlik

We use Snowflake for our data source, and we've been running in circles it seems trying to get the connection fully functional. I'm not sure what we've missed or what we set up incorrectly.

Can someone who is familiar with Snowflake to Qlik help me to figure out what is going wrong here?

#snowflake #qlikcloud

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

Please review the following documentation. If you still have problems, I suggest opening a support case.
1. Create a Snowflake connection

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Snowfl...
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @amotley 

By any chance could you provide more details about the issue?

What is the current error/issue you are experiencing?

Does it work partially?

Does it fails from one one only if the environment is multi-node ?

Any details that explains unexpected vs expected behavior will be appreciated. 

Kind regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
amotley
Contributor
Contributor
Author

So I set up the Direct Query - this seemed to solve a lot of our latency issues etc. 

amotley_0-1675268587995.png

However, now the data types are not being recognized by qlik it appears. 

we even added the Latitude and Longitude coordinates of the zip codes to try to correct it that way but we either get wildly inaccurate locations displayed or nothing displayed at all

amotley_1-1675268883512.png

And then our date fields are clearly no longer being recognized as date fields, and I don't even have an option for a date picker anymore. There are no derivatives of the date to be able to create visualizations by month, etc. 

amotley_2-1675269172734.png