Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afbraga1
Creator
Creator

Wrong Delta Sequence

Hello,

The issue I have been facing lately has to do with the sequence I am getting in the deltas when contacting the SAP BW Datasource. I have seen it from the BW side and the delta mechanism is working correctly therefore the problem must be somehow with Qlikview.

The case I'm going to portray below is the example of an order that has been closed therefore it is not supposed to appear in the Qlikview system, i.e., ZFLAGOPEN='N', but it is still appearing when it shouldn't.

Below is an image from the qvd file that holds the delta's data right after the extraction.

The way I have this logic working is to keep the max Line and replace the it where the DeltaKey is the same. The problem is the extraction is coming with the wrong order, therefore the max Line is 20815, when in fact it should be the 18507. This results in replacing with the wrong values instead. Is there any history of this happening with someone?

Thank you.

Qlikview Info:

- Qlikview version: 11.20.12852.0 SR11 64-bit Edition (x64)

- Qlikview Connector for SAP version: 5.80.2211

- SAP Extractor Connector: QvSAPEXTRConnector.dll (64)

Windows Info:

- OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise - Service Pack 1  - x64 bits

5 Replies
Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Andre,

The Qlik SAP Extractor Connector does not reorder or filter the data rows that are retrieved.

Is this a new error?

Are you getting the expected number of rows?

Are you using Idoc or TRFC transfer method?

Regards

Tomas

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Tomas,

The number of rows received is fine. I am using TRFC transfer method.

I started to monitor this because I noticed that there was data that was in my SAP BW Datasource object, but was not in my Qlikview application. Based on this I started to monitor deltas from the Qlikview extractor, by storing into a qvd, where I noticed it was coming with a wrong delta sequence.

Best regards,

Andre Braga

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Andre,

It would be interesting to investigate this issue further using extended logging. Would you able to contact the Qlik Support referring to this thread?

Kind regards,

Tomas

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Tomas,

I guess I will have to do that. Wanted to get an idea if there was any history on this sort of issue.

Best regards,

Andre Braga

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Tomas,

So I contacted Qlik and they told me that it should be a bug that is fixed on the newest release of the Qlik SAP Connector. When the upgrade happens, I'll update on this situation wether it was fixed or not.

Best regards,

Andre Braga