Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Does SAP user also make use of Qlik View for data analysis ?

Hi All

Our company have plan to change from syspro accounting software using SAP.

In the Past we using syspro software and i make use of Qlik view for data visualization it work fine for last 5 year.

Since now going to switch to SAP software , may i know how many % of SAP user using data visualisation tool like qlik view for data analysis , or most of SAP user using SAP B.I tool for data analysis.

Hope some one can share with me.

Paul

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't believe thats there are any statistics about the usage from SAP BI tools against other SAP frontends. Many companies which use SAP since years have invested a lot of time and money to implement a SAP BW / BO environment and many of them won't be rethink these decision although there are not really happy with them.

I suggest your company makes a SIB with your SAP people and one with an experienced QV partner - especially to the topics of development times, costs, flexibility and response times - and don't believe that altogether the SAP BI tools will be a better solution as QV with his connectors.

I think you will find here more informations:

SAP

Connector for SAP

and a visit to a qlik conference, qlik talk or similar could be helpful, too:

Business Intelligence Conferences & Events | Qlik

- Marcus

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Thank you very much. I will look for SAP S.i who know QV .or QV S.I know sap

Sent from my android device.

german_avanzato
Creator
Creator

Hi Paul,

I´m a SAP BI Consultant, that work with Qlikview too.

I can tell you that, in my experience, Qlikview is more powerful, simple, on give a better experience to the user.

SAP BW is a very good Data Warehouse, but the tools for visualize data, are not strong enough to compete against Qlikview.

BO is a well data visualization tool, but Qlikview is better.

And SAP Lumira is still too new to compete against Qlikview.

In my recommendation, is a good idea combine SAP BW with Qlikview.

In the only case y could say SAP surpass Qlikview is with SAP HANA.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you very much for your reply.

Paul

Sent from my android device.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

You mentioned in your reply SAP HANA will be better then Qlik View. May I know the reason ? How about the price . Does it mean it will be more expensive then QV ?