cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extract Data from BO Universe to Qlikview

Hi guys,

I searched via multiple links but didn't get any straightforward answer. Many links mentioned about DataRoket but I don't think it exists anymore. Can anyone shed some light on this ? I know there's a Salesforce connector. Would there be something similar for SAP Business Objects ?

Ben

3 Replies
ciampaciampa
Contributor III
Contributor III

BO Universe doesn't actually contain data. The data are contained in the BO Report. The Universe is just a semantic layer where are defined the analityc object's metadata (SQL definition) and the rules that drive the Reporting generator for creating the SQL statement dinamically.

When you build a new Report in BO, you choice the Universe, then you select the objects you need. (you compose the DB query).

Every object is defined by its metadata (source table and SQL definition).

After that, a complete SQL statement (query) is dinamically created then you run the report, the system open a DB connection, data are retrieved and a local provider is populated.

After that, you compose the presentation objects (pivot table, graph...) that show the data retrieved by the query.

Conclusion: you can extract data from BO Report or you can capture the SQL underlying statement but not from a Universe.

I don't know if some official/thirdy part tool exists to do that automatically.

That's what I remember of my past experience with BO

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the insight Giuseppe. In that case would you be able to help me

extract data from a BO Report into QlikView?

On 27-Jun-2017 1:22 AM, "Giuseppe Ciampanelli" <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

ciampaciampa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ben,

I stopped to practice BO 10 yrs ago. Anyway, I suppose BO (WebIntelligence) should provide API SDK/ Webservices in order to open a BO Report and get data. Also, I suppose you need a valid BO license and a BO account in order to access to the Web Intelligence portal. I guess your customer could provide you all you need.

Try this: https://blogs.sap.com/2013/08/08/publishing-webi-as-web-services/

Regards