Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobivogt
Partner - Contributor III

Hanging Extractor Connector Connection although data fully exported

Hello to all,

we are facing the following problem with SAP Extractor Connector Version 5.8 SR 1:

To export data out of InfoCubes we've generated Export DataSources and export data via SAP Extractor Connector.

Unfortunately, the trace window shows no progress and the script processing has been stopped.

All relevant Data has been transfered to QV but the script still doesn't proceed until the connection ends with an TimeOut (after 60 Minutes which is the TimeoutData-Setting).

The script has been successfully finished but on BW side:

- the Status in /QTQVC/STATUS remains 'S' so repeating load will fail until changing or modifying status entry

- the User remains logged on and repeating load would result additional entries in list of logged on users

- Extended Memory will still be in use and not be released automatically

The same issues occur after cleaning status table entries with status 'S' and after restart SAP Network Server - Service.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this or hints to possible reasons for this behavior?

Many thanks in advance for any hints.

Regards,

Tobias

======

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

It certainly looks like all data is received from studying your log files. I can think of a few issues that may cause this, that are handled in the newest version, ver 5.80 SR3 Build 8.

However, if you cannot upgrade to the latest version, I think the only way around it is to manually change the Status Table entries from 'S' to 'F'.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

11 Replies
mats_olin
Employee
Employee

There are changes to the extractor connector delivered with later SR's so upgrading to SR3 might help/ Mats

tobivogt
Author

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Unfortunately, we're not able to do an upgrade due to transport stops.

Are there any further hints or recommendations to check before?

We have the same effect on dev and prod. Might a unicode migration in SAP BW cause such problems?

Thanks a lot for any hints

mats_olin
Employee
Employee

Do you have more than one bw app server? 

tobivogt
Author

There are development and production Servers. Each Level has only one server.

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Tobias,

Can you attach some log files from both the Extractor Connector and the Qv Network Server (from the folder: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log) ?

Thanks

tobivogt
Author

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your hints.

Find attached the logs. Are these the mentioned files?

Regards,

Tobias

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Yes, they are. Thanks!

I noticed you first (at 16:53:12) executed an UPDMODE with 'C' to initiate a delta run. Did you get any data back there?

Did you then do a "delete in transaction /N/QTQVC/DELETE_INIT" (see Extractor Technical Design Specification.pdf or even the posted manual on the forum page) before executing the second UPDMODE with 'C' (or was it on the other SAP system, maybe)?

Are you running more than one Qv Network Server (SrvService.exe) pointing to the same ASHOST?

(You should really try to install the upgraded version of the Qv SAP Connectors + Transports!)  🙂

Thanks,

Tomas

tobivogt
Author

Thanks for your Response.

As I did several tests, there was a combination of extracting in C mode twice, too.

After that, I tried to delete or update the previous records in Status table with mode S to F.

After deleting delta-init with the QV- Delete_init transaktion, I still get the same effects.

Even doing a Full-Load has the same effect:

Data will be exported and transfered, the script will wait until timeout (although data has been transfered), the script will be processed normal.

But the user stays logged on in SAP System, the corresponding Memory has not being released and the Status in Status table remains S.

We are running only one QV Network Server and restarted the Services.

Maybe there's still a way without upgrade?

Thanks a lot for any hints

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Ok,

So you mean that all data was delivered, and the log entry below shows the last data package transferred to QV:

2014-09-25 20:45:25     Received: /BIC/QA8ZCCA_C11I001, Rows: 7089, Total Rows: 3641665

Thanks