Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I use SAP Roles in Qlikview?

Hi,

I will use Qlikview for reports and dashboards in my company and we are using SAP ERP with BW for queries and I will connect the Qlikview into my BW queries.

It's easy with SAP Connector but, I have a question, my SAP roles (users and restrictions) are recognized by Qlikview? How can I use my SAP roles (like a Single Sign-on)? Someone has a how to guide for this?

Thanks for your help !!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is great question, inheriting already defined authorization from SAP/BW would be ideal way as such access level would be already approved in the orgranization and documented for audits.

You can adopt org level information that is defined in SAP/BW into QlikView section access, but it requires some efforts as this data resides in various tables. You would have to use data from tables like AGR_1052 and others to read user access level data and prepare such way to consume for section-access.

Also, you would to map QlikView user id with SAP user id if both are different.

Hope this helps.

Laks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dear er.mohit

I’m very grateful to you for helping me but I'm searching how can I use SAP configurations like users and restrictions instead of create all again in Qlikview.

Do you know how can I do it or knows any "how to" for indicate to me?

Thanks ever so much.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is great question, inheriting already defined authorization from SAP/BW would be ideal way as such access level would be already approved in the orgranization and documented for audits.

You can adopt org level information that is defined in SAP/BW into QlikView section access, but it requires some efforts as this data resides in various tables. You would have to use data from tables like AGR_1052 and others to read user access level data and prepare such way to consume for section-access.

Also, you would to map QlikView user id with SAP user id if both are different.

Hope this helps.

Laks

Not applicable
Author

Hi yelugoti,

Understood. I Will study more about sectin access.

Thanks for your help.