Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a dll in c++ that can be used as a custom data source

Hello,

I have just started to develop in QlikView so I'm completly a newbie.

The problem that I have is that I need to create a c++ dll that can be used as a custom data source for QlikView, I already created the dll and QlikView can see it, but I don't know how should I do to make my data available to QlikView.

The data that I want to use is obtained as a request from the server, and the code is inside the c++ dll.

I had some examples that my boss got from QlikView tech department, they are SalesForce example and EbayDll example but they are kind of confusing, so I was wondering if you can point me to another example that may be easier to follow, or if you can give me some pointers that help me accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Get the version 9 SDK. It includes doc and a sample for a Custom Data Source. The SDK is available on a QV Server installation. If not already installed, I believe you can download the QVS9 and just install the SDK portion on your workstation.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Get the version 9 SDK. It includes doc and a sample for a Custom Data Source. The SDK is available on a QV Server installation. If not already installed, I believe you can download the QVS9 and just install the SDK portion on your workstation.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, it was exactly what I needed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm using the sample DLL I got from the SDK to invoke a REST webservice that needed authentication. How can I format the resulting data to be xml? I can connect to the webservice but all I get is a 'Table_1' with only one field ('Field_1') and only one row (value '2').

What I should get is what its returned when I invoke the webservice from a browser!

I've been through the CustomDataSource.pdf to see if I could change the returned data format but I got nothing.

If you can give me any idea about this, it would really help.

Thanks so much!

Marina