Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I want connect the Salesforce, but i don't know how work, and where can find the DLL??

I want connect the Salesforce, but i don't know how work, and where can find the DLL??

tks!!!

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The current supported Salesforce connector is here: http://global.qlik.com/download/

Not applicable
Author

Gary - do you know if the current supported Salesforce connector matches the latest version of Salesforce software? Or is the connector one step behind the software?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Saleforce connector is, as far as i know, only supports the 32bit version. Where can i find the saleforce.dll for the x64 version?

Best regards,

Dror

Not applicable
Author

I don't know where the download for the DLL is. It's been replaced by the DataDirect ODBC connector for Salesforce.com, which is on the QlikView download site. The ODBC connector has various issues, including lack of 64 bit support.

All I can do is offer to email you the 64 bit DLL connector directly. Just be aware that it's not supported by QlikTech.

Gary

Not applicable
Author

Garry hi,

Thanks for your quick respond. Could be so kind to send the DLL to the following address: Dror46@hotmail.com. (preferably zipped).?

Should i place the file in the QV's Program Folder?

Dror

Not applicable
Author

Peter,

This is probably of no use to you after five months, but maybe other forum users will benefit from an answer to this question.

There are two Salesforce.com connectors - the original DLL, and the DataDirect OBDC connector for Salesforce.

The original DLL comes in 32 and 64 bit versions, and it is NOT supported by QlikTech. The API version is at 11.0. It is not being updated by QlikTech, and will forever be at version 11.0. This really limits its usefulness, since any objects created after API 11.0 are not available to it.

The DataDirect ODBC connector is available on the QlikView download site. It is currently only 32 bit. I don't know what API version it's at, but I'm pretty sure that it's not current.

In order to keep up with the API version, QlikTech and/or DataDirect would need to release a new version of the Salesforce.com connector about twice a year to keep up to date with the SFDC API. It remains to be seen whether they will do that.

Gary

Not applicable
Author

The DLL goes in the same folder as QV.exe is in. That's usually c:\program files\qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

Gary hi,

In other words, there is no standard, up2date solution for 64bits. Which leaves me with no other choice than third-party stage tools like Informatica...

Thanks x 1000000 for your support!

Cheers,

Dror

Not applicable
Author

If you need up-to-date API for 64 bits, you are correct.

Informatica Cloud is a great tool. I would also like to suggest that you look at Pentaho Data Integrator. There is a free open source version of this ETL tool that has a Salesforce.com connector.

Good luck!

Not applicable
Author

So where do you get the DLL From? My PC prompts me asking to install the DLL. Thank you