cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mallikarjun_h
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Job reported complete, but packets are still missing

I am trying to extract data from SAP BW using SAP extractor connector but i got the error

QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: timeout while waiting for SAP data

i have attached a screenshot.

How to resolve this issue???

Please Help.

10 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Can you provide the connector log (format like QvSAPExtr_20150521_081613.txt) found in: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log.

Also provide the Service log found in the same path on the server where the Service is running, format like: Server_20150520_083745.

Regards,

Hakan

mallikarjun_h
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

Here are the files as per requirement.

Thanks

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

It seems that it is not the latest Service log. The last row has a different date compared to the last row in the Extractor log:

2015-05-19 13:28:40     NOT all Rows are received yet: 8GIMRH_C10

Extractor log:

2015-05-20 11:09:02     Information from server: INFOMSG : Job reported complete, but packets are still missing. Amount left: 17

Please check if there is another Service log.

Thanks,

Hakan

mallikarjun_h
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

please see if this would help.........

Thanks,

Mallikarjun

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

There have been some problems with the Extractor connector related to 'Message Server Host' connection. The Qlik R&D SAP Connectivity team has developed a patch that probably will solve the problem. If you want to try it please contact the Qlik Support and refer to me.

Thanks,

Hakan

Not applicable

Hello Hakan,

unfortunately we are experiencing the same issues as mentioned above, since we upgraded to 6.1.1. Sometimes jobs using extractor connector work, sometimes they won't. SQL extractions are not affected by the issue.

Attached, you will find logfiles which illustrate the problem. Does the patch mentioned in the previous post could fix this problem?

best,

Sebastian

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Sebastian,

There will be a new official release of the SAP connectors within the near future (release date not finally decided yet). The problems you have are most likely fixed in this release. I think it would be better to wait for the release instead of installing a patch. Is that OK for you?

Regards,

Hakan

Not applicable

Hi Hakan,

We just implemented a completely new QlikView environment (including new Hardware and DataExtract-Structures). Due to licencing issues we have to Go-Live this week. Therefore, I would prefer to install the patch you mentioned since the status quo will not satisfy our customer's needs.

Are there any implications if i install the patch prior to the new release of the SAP connectors?

Regards,

Sebastian

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Sebastian,

No I don't see any implications if you install the patch prior to the new release. You need to contact the Qlik Support if you want the patch. They will then coordinate with the Qlik R&D SAP Connectivity team.

Regards,

Hakan