I'm new to Qlikview but reading the Qlikview Connector manual 5.8IR, section 5.2.6, Optimising query, there are a number of suggestions of how to improve performance. Firstly the D parameter in 'Select PseudoMDX D' should be removed as this is only intended for small loads. This allows automatic data slicing using a time char or you can force it to use a specific dimension by adding a 'S' after a specific dimension, for example: [0COMP_CODE] s (). This will then split the load by company code.
I have seen these recommendations and I am planning to implement them for sure.
My major concern (at least for now) is how I can limit the query that goes to the database. What is the actual syntax for this, because whatever I have tried does not seem to work. I am looking for something like a where clause statement that is shipped to the RDBMS level.
I'm not able to try this in Qlikview but there is a transaction: MDXTEST that you can use if you log in to SAP BW. I tried the following MDX statement in BW and it returned a result ok. So maybe you just need to change the syntax of you where clause.