Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem happen SAP connectgion

Hi All,

I have a problem after QV server ver up and SAP connector ver up.

QlikViewServer_x64Setup.exe(2017/11/07)

QlikSAP_x64Setup.exe(2017/11/22)

both file download from QV support site.

However. all QVD file cannot reload it. what happen!! if you will have a same ERROR about me. please let me know a solution.

I want to recover before ver up ASAP.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in Addition, I have to re-install old SAP connector?? after that, my problem will be gone.

trm
Employee
Employee

Hi Kei,

It looks like you upgraded your SAP Connectors from a much earlier version. Since that we have replaced the connector you are using, it's not a dll anymore but rather an exe file. That's why you get the error message:

"Connector connect error: Invalid custom connector QvSAPConnector.dll"

The best way forward would be to create a new connection using the QvSAPSqlConnector.exe, after that you can compare your old connection string to the new one and it will be obvious what you need to update to get your old scripts running. Also for getting datatype compatibility with the older version of SAP SQL Connector you need to tweak a few connection string properties like: MixedMode, NulldateLegacy, FLTPLegacy, TIMSLegacy

See the following help page for more information on the connection string properties:

Using the SAP SQL Connector ‒ Qlik Connectors

Regards,

// Thomas Örnmarker

SAP Connectors developer

anandsai4u
Creator
Creator

Hi Kei,

What type of connector are you using i.e., QvSAPExtractor or SAPSql Connector etc.,

Regards

Anand Sai

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas-san,

Thank you very mush your help.

I used "QvBAPI connecter" at old SAP connecter.

righ now I use "QVSql connecter" but, i cannot connect SAP. if you can advice me, it higly appriciate.

Our SAP

Client=100

Instance=00

System ID=EP1

Or how do you think about SAPConnecter downgrade?? it may solved?

キャプチャ2.PNG

キャプチャ.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI

I used "QvSAPConnector.dll". before QV server and SAP Connecter upgrade. it works normally. however, after QV server and SAP Connecter upgrade, it cannot work normally. all QVW cannot get from the SAP.

and I tryed used "SAPSqlconnecter.exe" but, I cannot connect with SAP.

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Kei,

The error in the Test Connection dialog that has the text:  "ERROR  service '?' unknown" means that it needs an updated services-file. This file can be located in the folder: "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc". It needs added entries to be able to connect, depending on the Gateway. Typical entries is:

sapgw04  3304/tcp

sapgw05  3305/tcp

sapgw06  3306/tcp # 3306

For Message Server:

Add sapmsxxx 36nn/tcp, where xxx is the system ID and nn is the system number. E.g:

sapmsE6T 3607/tcp   # 3607

Please see:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/6.6/Configuration/Conn...

Also, I noticed the other error: "EP1 is not a valid system number". I believe this has to be an actual number depending on your SAP system, e.g. 00 etc. 

Br,

Tomas

anandsai4u
Creator
Creator

Hi Kei,

Can you update your SAP related entries in hosts and services file  in the mentioned path accordingly.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\services

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Regards

Anand Sai

trm
Employee
Employee

Hi Kei,

As Tomas described you need to enter a valid system number in two digit format.

You should not need a downgrade, there's a lot to benefit from keeping the newer version. As of the system number you can find it in your old connection strings.

// Thomas Örnmarker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi colleagues,

Thanks a lot for the advice, but unfortunately, I cannot connect with SAP still now.

1. I install SAPGUI on BI server. I expect that, gateway port information will be created on BI server automatically. Am I correct?