Qlik Community

QlikView Connectors

Not applicable

Problem with delimiter when extracting from report

Hello,

I've encountered a problem with extraction of data from SAP report and I can't figure out what's wrong.

So far, when I used SAP Connector to extract table from SAP I had exclamation marks "!" as delimiter in results. Few days ago we had to restart SAP and QV servers, and after that delimiter changed to "5". Needless to say, number 5 is poor delimiter since it can be confused by script with number in other field.

I have several scripts based on exclamation marks, so I'd like to go back to it. Does anyone knows how to do it? Is it something in SAP or QlikView?

Best regards,

Slawek

Tags (3)
3 Replies
vonpape
New Contributor II

Re: Problem with delimiter when extracting from report

Hello,

I have the same problem. Has someone a Solution?

Thanks

Michael

vonpape
New Contributor II

Re: Problem with delimiter when extracting from report

Hello Slawek,

i found the Solution: The default Layout Settings in SAP, controls which kind of field delimiter the Report Connector is used. If a sorting was set in the Layout-Settings, you will get a "5" as Delimiter otherwise a "!".

Very strange behaviour!

Hopefully I could help you.

Best regards

Michael

Employee
Employee

Re: Problem with delimiter when extracting from report

There has been several cases reported with similar symptom to Qlik Support, but we have not been able to find any issues in the SAP connector. The common conclusion is that it is related to SAP side settings.

Michael's comment above is probably the explanation in this case, if it resolves the issue.

Community Browser