Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hakan_Ronningberg

Qlik Connector 7.0 for use with SAP NetWeaver

The Qlik Connector 7.0 for use with SAP NetWeaver is now available on the Qlik download site. It includes major improvements for the InfoProvider connector, other improvements and bug fixes.

Release Notes:

Qlik Connector for SAP Release Notes

Installation Guide:

Qlik Connector for SAP - Installation guide v7.0.0

Regards,

Hakan

7 Replies
pablodelcerro
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Hakan,

I hope you can help us.

I´m trying to install this connector on one of our customers. They are running SAP 7.4 with Oracle DB.

I´ve followed the documentation on help, and it says to install transport E66K900134 (it is different from the PDF that says H7TK900134) for the user profile for OLAP Connector, but i cannont find it.

I found H7TK900134 but the SAP people is telling me it is not for Oracle.

Could you help us?

Thanks!

Pablo

Hakan_Ronningberg
Author

Hi Pablo,

There is a typo in the online help. The transport name E66K900134 is wrong. It should be H7TK900134. We will correct the online help as soon as possible!

I don't know why the SAP people say that H7TK900134 is not for Oracle? It should work for Oracle as well. Please ask them to specify what is the problem!

Thanks,

Håkan

pablodelcerro

Hakan, Thanks a lot for your help.

Finally they work out how to import the transport.

Now i´m having another issue. I cant finde DSO and OLAP connectors on QS. Where are they?

Thanks!

Pablo

Hakan_Ronningberg
Author

Hi Pablo,

The DSO and OLAP connectors are only available in QlikView. For the moment there is no plan to adapt them for Qlik Sense.

Regards,

Hakan

pablodelcerro

I have managed to make it work by creating and Standard ODBC connection,

and then changing the connection string to the one of the specific dll that

i need to use.

But why wont you make it available por QS? We have several customers

planning to migrate to QS that use the BW connector. That means they will

need to create scripts on QV Desktop and copy to QS in order to work.

Thanks!

Pablo

Hakan_Ronningberg
Author

Hi Pablo,

Nice that you made it work!

I will forward your opinion to the product manager responsible for the Qlik SAP connectors.

Regards,

Hakan

mats_olin
Employee
Employee

The benefit of the OLAP and DSO connectors is that they don't require any transport installation in the SAP system. Apart from that we have developed better interfaces in SAP that our other connectors uses. So instead of the OLAP connector we recommend you to use the BEx connector. And instead of the DSO connector we recommend you to use the SQL connector. Both are available in Sense.

/ Mats