Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView SAP SQL Connector error and queries on that

Hi Qlikxperts...

There’s the below error which we are encountering frequently. Would like to know if anyone has ever faced this and has any suggestions to overcome this:

“QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: Fetch aborted after 241 retries. Key = TIMEOUT_READ_MEMORY (ID:00 Type:E Number:001 Timeout when trying to read shared buffer)”

Also, please provide your views/opinions/clarifications on QlikView on SAP implementation with respect to the below points:

1. When extracting via QlikView SAP SQL connector, would there be a dialog box process also occupied along with the background process when an RFC is created?
  2. Has there been any successful implementation wherein
  • - the SAP Application front-end and the Database are on the same Server box
  • - and put multiple table extractions (sequentially/ in parallel) via the QV SAP Connector when there’s a limit on number of background jobs(5) that can run simultaneously considering there would be frontend users also logged in.

Hoping to receive constructive replies...

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

KnightriderX

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi knightriderX,

I have the same issues. Did you solve the problems yourself ?

Best Regards

Thomas

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

I have got no real good solutions on any of the issues above.

Still on the old setup only.

Best Regards,

KrX

Not applicable
Author

The error is related to missing export / import shared buffer on the SAP system. This should be checked by the SAP Basis Administrator. Mostly there are other SAP Jobs running blocking the connector to read the data.

Not applicable
Author

I am the SAP-Basis Administrator. I think the buffers are ok. We have no problems in our sap-systems.

There are many users and many many jobs running parallel. I think it's a real timeout Problem. The table, i'm fetching data from, is a infostructure-table and its very large. It will become much more larger at the end of the year..

Below the SQL-Statement. There are only sequential reads in the database, because "SPTAG" is not indexed.

Any ideas without defining a new index ?

"select * from S999 where SPTAG between '20140101' AND '20140228' "

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas!

Are you getting the "QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA" error in your QV extraction?

Regards,

K

Not applicable
Author

Yes.

“QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: Fetch aborted after 241 retries. Key = TIMEOUT_READ_MEMORY (ID:00 Type:E Number:001 Timeout when trying to read shared buffer)”

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas!

In your earlier post when you said your SAP buffers are OK, can you please mention the number of buffers and size of each that is configured in your SAP system?

Also, do you have any parallel or simultaneous QV or other extractions scheduled or run when one of them returned that error?

Are your SAP Application Server and Database server on the same physical box or on different  boxes?

Thanks and Best Regards,

K

Not applicable
Author

Check rsdb/obj/buffersize (default value is 4,096 [kB]) and use transaction ST02 to monitor Export / import Buffer before and durring the reload.

Not applicable
Author

I have the same issue:

Did anyone solve above problem????

please provide me a solution as early as possible.

Thanks in  Advance!

Regards,

Sanjay