Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Salesforce connector - problems running from server (Publisher)

Using QlikView 10SR2 and the most current SalesForce connector.  Running Publisher on a x64 server.

I have a simple extract file that selects records from a couple of Salesforce tables and creates QVDs.  The file works fine from my desktop, and also runs fine when run from the QlikView desktop on the server where publisher is installed.  However, when run as a publisher job, although it does not error or abend, it simply pulls 0 records.  So it seems to connect fine and the SELECT statements are fine, but nothing is retrieved. 

I've re-installed the connector, played with proxy settings, restarted services, restarted the server, all without success.  Oddly, I tried to re-create the connection string along the way, and it actually ran ONCE from Publisher, but only that one time.  All other attempts have failed.

When run from my workstation or from the Publisher/Server but using QlikView desktop, the log output is as follows:

0020  CUSTOM CONNECT*Provider*SalesForceDLL.dll*XUserId*XPassword*

0023  Portfolio:

0024  SQL SELECT *

0025  FROM Portfolio__c

237 fields found: Id, IsDeleted, Name, RecordTypeId, [etc... omitted to simplify post], 603 lines fetched

0027  STORE * FROM Portfolio INTO ..\Datasources\QVD\Salesforce\Portfolio.qvd (qvd)

0029  DROP TABLE Portfolio

0031  Account:

0032  SQL SELECT *

0033  FROM Account

334 fields found: Id, IsDeleted, MasterRecordId, Name, [etc... omitted to simplify post], 1,774 lines fetched

0035  STORE * FROM Account INTO ..\Datasources\QVD\Salesforce\Account.qvd (qvd)

0037  DROP TABLE Account

0039  exit script

Execution finished.

However, when run from Publisher, this same file generates a lot like the following, and retrieves no records:

0020  CUSTOM CONNECT*Provider*SalesForceDLL.dll*XUserId*XPassword*

0023  Portfolio:

0024  SQL SELECT *

0025  FROM Portfolio__c

1 fields found: *, 0 lines fetched

0027  STORE * FROM Portfolio INTO ..\Datasources\QVD\Salesforce\Portfolio.qvd (qvd)

0029  DROP TABLE Portfolio

0031  Account:

0032  SQL SELECT *

0033  FROM Account

1 fields found: *, 0 lines fetched

0035  STORE * FROM Account INTO ..\Datasources\QVD\Salesforce\Account.qvd (qvd)

0037  DROP TABLE Account

0039  exit script

Execution finished.

I've also tried using specific columns in the SELECT rather than the * wildcard, but no joy.

Any ideas from folks using Salesforce in a Server/Publisher environment?  Thanks so much for any inputs or suggestions.

24 Replies
Not applicable
Author

DipeshAtos..

As I indicated in an earlier reply, I was able to successfully connect from a server using syntax in any of the following formats (which omits the extra 'http://' you see in the reference manual):

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Proxy=10.10.10.10:880;Provider=SalesForceDLL;F21...etc..."

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Proxy=www.site.com:8080;Provider=SalesForceDLL;F21...etc..."

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Proxy=http://www.site.com:8080;Provider=SalesForceDLL;F21...etc..."

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Donald but I get the error shown with the connect string shown below

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Proxy=xx.xx.x.xxx:3124;Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;F26;....

2013-11-06 21:34:42    Progress    Connected to SalesForce with C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\SalesForceDLL.dll version 11, 0, 10017, 0 (DLL Protocol version: 2)

2013-11-06 21:34:42    Error    Failed to connect to Internet: The parameter is incorrect.  

Dipesh

Not applicable
Author

In IE I can confirm that the proxy is required to get to the internet and although I'm using the Proxy in the connect string I can't seem to get to the internet.

So I guess the Proxy is preventing QVConnector to get to internet (if it can do such a thing) or there's an issue with Qlikview or QV Connector

Not applicable
Author

Hi Donald,

Our proxy needs additional authentication (username & password).

Do you know how to configure this in the parameter section?

Marchel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Donald,

I have the connector in place for SFDC which is extracting data on a daily basis.

the problem is.. with the same settings, there are some days( about 1 or 2 days in a month) where the data fetch is incomplete for which we do a manual reload post which the data fetches completely.

The networks are working just fine.

Any clue why this must be happening? or any solution to it.

Looking forward for a revert. thanks