I am facing problems with respect to Qlikview’s connectivity with SAP. Please find the environment details below:
OS : Windows Server 2008 R2 sp1
RAM : 8 GB
Disks : C:\ 50 GB, D:\ 100GB.
SAP Version: SAP ECC 6.0
Basis: Release 701 Patch Level 3
Qlikview version: 11 SR1
QlikView version number : 11.0.11282.0
Qlikview SAP Connector version: 5.5 SR3 (file ver. - 5.5.8698.0)
SAP Transports file used: 640-700.zip (5.5 SR3)
I have installed the SAP Connector as well as transports successfully (‘select * from t000’ statement is fetching records in SAP with the creates QTQVACCESS user). Moreover, when I test the SAP connection inside Qlikview it confirms that the test connection has succeeded.
However, when I try executing the script builder it throws an error saying “Custom Read Failed”. I also tried using select statements on SAP tables – MAKT, t000 etc. but getting the same error.
I also tried using different versions of SAP connectors:
• 5.6, 10755 SR2,
• 5.6, 10640 - Initial Release
• 5.5, SR2 but to no avail.
I also checked on the dll version and it is same as the SAP connector version.
Try increasing the value of the "TimeOutFetch" paramenter in the connection string that is created when you select the button "Connect" in the Script Editor. If I remember correctly, by default it's set to 1200. Set it to 1800 or 2400 and let us know.
Check the SAP Connector logfile and paste it here should the above does not work.