Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philfowler
Contributor
Contributor

Rest Connector not pulling through data JSON

Hi,

I'm trying to pull data into QlikView 12 using the latest version of the rest connectors addon.

I have a GET and a POST url and both have been tested in postman so i know they work 

postman.PNG

Within the rest connectors options screen i fill in the URL, choose the method and choose anonymous for authentication. When i click test connection it's successful. 

However when i click to load the script nothing is picked up... all the fields are empty

Am i doing something wrong here or missing a step completely, I've tried following tutorials but can't seem to figure it out. Please go easy on me i'm new to Qlik. 

rest.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Could you clarify - there is no table returned when running the script at all, or there are tables but with empty data (only column headers)?

After test connection and press OK, did you use the "Select..." button to bring up the data selection wizard? Click "OK" in the connection dialog simply inserts a connection string in your script 🙂

select_data_from_rest.png

Vu Nguyen
If a post helps resolve your issue, please mark the answer as correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Could you clarify - there is no table returned when running the script at all, or there are tables but with empty data (only column headers)?

After test connection and press OK, did you use the "Select..." button to bring up the data selection wizard? Click "OK" in the connection dialog simply inserts a connection string in your script 🙂

select_data_from_rest.png

Vu Nguyen
If a post helps resolve your issue, please mark the answer as correct.