Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP Connectors 5.9 - ReloadSAPDD.qvw - dd03L not running

Hi there

I have recently installed the SAP connectors (V5.9) with QlikView Personal edition (11.2 SR 10) and I am interested in the Data Dictionary load with the Script Builder.

I have managed to install the connectors and configure them for use, however when I reload the script to produce the QVD files, it hangs when it get tos DD03L.

To test, I manually edited out the DD03L part and reran the script and it all worked ok, it creates the other qvd files.

I also manually copied the SQL of that part of the script and inserted it into the SAP system using /n/QTQVC/SQL and it runs fine, but for some reason it doesn't run within the QWV script file.

I am not very experienced with SAP but my colleague had a look and he can't find any issues or jobs failing or error messages. It's a mystery.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or suggestions for me?
Thanks
Sarah

4 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Sarah,

The select statement of the table DD03L is really heavy and can take long time to execute. There are two parameters you can use to increase the execution time. Put a string like ;TimeOutBatch=1800;TimeOutFetch=3600; in the connection string. You can change the values as you like. They are in seconds.

You can read more about 'Connection string parameters' in the manual.

If the statement fails the reason can often be found in the log for job /QTQVC/READ_DATA in transaction SM37 in the SAP system.

Regards,

Hakan

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi again Sarah,

We have discovered that there is an issue with the parsing of  this select statement. It occurred in connection with changes of the SQL connector in release 5.80 SR4. It will be fixed in the next connector release. In the meantime you can easily change it yourself. Change  INTTYPE <> '' to INTTYPE <> ' ' (put a blank character between the single quotation marks) in the select statement like:

SELECT FIELDNAME KEYFLAG TABNAME CHECKTABLE ROLLNAME POSITION FROM DD03L where AS4LOCAL = 'A' AND INTTYPE <> ' '

Regards,

Hakan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Hakan, that worked a treat!!

Cheers

Sarah

dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank you for this post. I just upgraded to the SR 5.9 connector and encountered the same problem which is now resolved.