Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

SAP DSO Connector Failure - (No more memory available to extend an internal table).

I have started receiving the following error (No more memory available to extend an internal table) when extracting data using the SAP DSO connector. We are currently using version 5.60.1064 and plan to upgrade as soon as able to the latest connector release. If I upgrade will this issue resolve itself or is this a BASIS configuration setting on the SAP side.

Right now I can get the extraxcts to run if I reduce the column count in the select statement, my work around at this point is to adjust the selects and break them into smaller extracts. Is there a configuration settting I can add to the conection string to resolve this issue? I have included our connection string and a sample select statement.

Thanks You,

Dan Baksa

Dawn Foods - QV Developer

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QvSAPDSOConnector.dll;MSHOST=SAPPB1.dawnfoods.com;R3NAME=PB1;GROUP=Production;CLIENT=300;ODSMaxRows=10000000;PacketSize=5000;XUserId=MDVeZYRNJbaMXUVMXbXKXZJOEE;XPassword=bEOGQWNGDLaSHbVGJTbMWRC;";

COPA_FACT_DSO_PART1:

LOAD *;

SQL Select (NoKey)

0COMP_CODE,

0CURTYPE,

0CUSTOMER,

0DISTR_CHAN,

0PROFIT_CTR,

0DOC_NUMBER,

0FISCPER,

0FISCYEAR,

0MAT_SALES,

0MATERIAL,

0PLANT,

0POST_DATE,

0PROD_HIER,

0S_ORD_ITEM,

0SALES_DIST,

0SALES_OFF,

0SALESEMPLY,

0SALESORG,

0SHIP_TO,

ZRPOSN,

ZZUSNAM,

ZFRGTC,

ZSALE_QTY,

ZVV100,

ZVV101,

ZVV201,

ZVV300,

ZVV301,

ZVV302,

ZVV303,

ZVV304,

ZVV305,

ZVV308,

ZVV309,

ZVV310,

ZVV313,

ZVV400,

ZVV401,

from ZCOPAD01;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for your quick reply. This was my assumption but I seem to be fighting an uphill battle with our BASIS team. I wanted to make sure this was not a configuration issue on the QV side before approaching them. They feel the QV queries passed by the connectors are not efficient and they keep pushing back on making changes to the SAP environment.

Thanks Again,

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Dear Dan Baska,

this is not really a QlikView problem. The problem occurs on the SAP side. Please get in touch with your SAP basis admin. He can check the details of the shortdump in the SAP system. It could be that your SAP admin will extend the parameters for the memory of internal tables or he will get in contact to you that you have to do some more restrictions in your query.

Because the reason is that the amount of data, that will be collected by your query, is too huge for the current internal tables. There are some SAP parameteres that restricts the max. size of internal tables. These parameter can be adjusted if there is enough memory on your SAP servers.

Best regards!

Werner

dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for your quick reply. This was my assumption but I seem to be fighting an uphill battle with our BASIS team. I wanted to make sure this was not a configuration issue on the QV side before approaching them. They feel the QV queries passed by the connectors are not efficient and they keep pushing back on making changes to the SAP environment.

Thanks Again,

Dan