Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

SAP connector, error reading BW process chain

Hi

I'm trying to implement some logic to trigger QlikView reloads when a process is finished in BW (chapter 11 in the manual).

We have set up a test chain to start with, but I'm unable to load the data from this. The script looks like the example from then manual, I've only changed the value on CONNECTOR and TASK_ID.

This is the error I get:

/QTQVC/OPEN_STREAM failed after 00:00:00 Key = SQL_ERROR (ID:00 Type:E Number:001 Forbidden words used)
SQL {

"function":"\/QTQVC\/PROCESS_STATUS",
   "output":"STATUS_OUT",
   "parameters":
   [
    { "direction":"out", "length":1, "name":"STATUS_OUT", "optional":false, "type":"CHAR", "value":" " },
    { "direction":"in", "length":10, "name":"CONNECTOR",  "optional":false, "type":"CHAR", "value":"SQL" },
    { "direction":"in", "length":1,  "name":"MODE",       "optional":false, "type":"CHAR", "value":"C" },
    { "direction":"in", "length":1,  "name":"STATUS_IN",  "optional":true,  "type":"CHAR", "value":" " },
    { "direction":"in", "length":40, "name":"TASK_ID",    "optional":false, "type":"CHAR", "value":"TEST_N" }
   ]
   }

Have anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Regards

Terje Knappen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bobdawes
Contributor III
Contributor III

I encountered the same issue, and was able to fix by using "Provider=QvSAPBAPIConnector" in the CUSTOMCONNECT string.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TK_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It looks like this is related to inadequate access rights for the user used for the connection to BW.

bobdawes
Contributor III
Contributor III

I encountered the same issue, and was able to fix by using "Provider=QvSAPBAPIConnector" in the CUSTOMCONNECT string.  

TK_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Bob!

You saved my day!

Not applicable

Hey,

Can you please help me to identify what are input parameters for this BAPI

Task ID: I think that is Process Chain Name

Connector: ?