Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II

SAP connector to BSEG

Hi, the sap connector is to slow to pull the BSEG table into qlikview, i am now using ole db connection as a workaround on this problem. But I want to download now the BSEG table ( using the script of the connector) but this table is not present through the OLE db connection.

Does anyone experienced the same issue or knows how to pull down the BSEG data?

Any help is welcome.

Kind regards,

Linda Monincx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Linda

Sorry i answered too quickly

So BSEG is a cluster/pool table

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21f083446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

You can't read pool or cluster table directly on the database with an ODBC or other connection SQL from outside SAP. You have to use a sap connector.Other table, transparent table in SAP, no problem.

and be careful because BSEG may be several million input;

regards

serge

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

hiLinda

Did you put a clause where in your select ?

regards

serge

lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi serge, yes I think we had a where clause in the script, but we have it in the SQL select so putting it on the machine.

Regards,

Linda

Not applicable

Hi Linda

Sorry i answered too quickly

So BSEG is a cluster/pool table

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21f083446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

You can't read pool or cluster table directly on the database with an ODBC or other connection SQL from outside SAP. You have to use a sap connector.Other table, transparent table in SAP, no problem.

and be careful because BSEG may be several million input;

regards

serge

lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the help, I will have a look at the site you provided Big Smile

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Linda

Not applicable

Hi,

The comments surrounding Cluster tables and the size of BSEG are correct. I will be upfront and commercial here-- our company makes a tool the Data Liberator that makes all SAP data including data in cluster and pool tables etc. continuously available in a SQL Server 2008 Database. The data is continuously updated in real time and we never call the SAP applicaiton server. It all occurs at the database level. In general we can output (depending on network speed etc.) about 1,000,000 rows of BSEG per minute (that is the full row -- if the number of fields is reduced then the speed increases accordingly.

Bypassing the entire SAP application stack for reporting reduces the load on the R/3 instance and gives you tremendous flexibilty in consuming the data. Typically you would create database views with Liberated data that you would then use as a regular SQL data source for Qlikview or any other tool that you are using. Since all data manipulation is outside of SAP there is no ABAP code nor RFCs, BAPIs or the like.

The real time nature of our software insures that any updates in SAP are availble for your analysis within about 5 seconds of posting in SAP.

We are big fans of in memory analytics and believe that with an adequate supply of data the need to build cubes is substantially reduced.

I hope this information is of use to you. We can be found at www.simplement.us

Regards,

Robert MacLean

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Linda,

BSEG is cluster talbe and cluster table does not have any physical identity and database level. so it is not present in OLE db connection. You can download BSEG table only through SAP Connector.

BESG is non indexed table so select query fetch data slowly. so you can select limited field to improve the extraction speed.

Regards,

Sunil Jain.

Hi, the sap connector is to slow to pull the BSEG table into qlikview, i am now using ole db connection as a workaround on this problem. But I want to download now the BSEG table ( using the script of the connector) but this table is not present through the OLE db connection.

Does anyone experienced the same issue or knows how to pull down the BSEG data?

Any help is welcome.

Kind regards,

Linda Monincx

lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the info and the tip!

Linda Monincx

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect BSEG to COSP to pull Plan @ Cost Center Level.

Can any one tell me How I can do this relationship.

Not applicable

Hi Vinod,

Start a new thread so that you can get some help.