Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Salesforce connector not working again?

Last week the Salesforce connector (SalesforceDLL.dll) wasn't connecting to Salesforce because of some API changes made by Salesforce.com. That was resolved by them and I was able to connect again.

Now my problem is, I query the data and the values all come back as NULL. It's importing the correct number of records for each table, but every value in every field is NULL.

I confirmed that the DLL is querying and retrieving correct values from the Salesforce API by using a tool called HTTP Analyzer to inspect the XML response. Maybe there are still version mismatches between the DLL and the newest Salesforce API?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Gary

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I figured out my problem with the Salesforce connector. When I removed the API version number from the CUSTOMCONNECT string, it started working again for me. I had this originally:

CUSTOMCONNECT TO "Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;F16;XUserId=CJW...

I removed the F16; part and changed it to this:

CUSTOMCONNECT TO "Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;XUserId=CJW...

I hit reload and it worked correctly (and much faster). If you build the CUSTOMCONNECT string with the Salesforce connection dialog, simply delete the Fnn; that it inserts in the connect string.

I have no idea why this worked, but it worked. The mystery is hidden in the DLL.

Gary

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I figured out my problem with the Salesforce connector. When I removed the API version number from the CUSTOMCONNECT string, it started working again for me. I had this originally:

CUSTOMCONNECT TO "Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;F16;XUserId=CJW...

I removed the F16; part and changed it to this:

CUSTOMCONNECT TO "Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;XUserId=CJW...

I hit reload and it worked correctly (and much faster). If you build the CUSTOMCONNECT string with the Salesforce connection dialog, simply delete the Fnn; that it inserts in the connect string.

I have no idea why this worked, but it worked. The mystery is hidden in the DLL.

Gary

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gary, that worked!