Qlik Community

QlikView Connectors

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
AlexOmetis
Contributor II

Salesforce data reload working in Desktop client, doesn't work in SBE

I've been using the Salesforce.com connector for a while on a local document that I have developed on my own machine. It's now come time to put it on a server so others can access it too. The problem I have is that, whilst it reloads fine in the Desktop client, as soon as I try to reload via the server (SBE), it fails.

Here are some of the symptoms:

• In the TaskLog from the server I get messages like:
    • Error The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QLIKVIEW\USERDOCS\Salesforce.qvw.
    • Error     The task "UserDocs/Salesforce.qvw" failed. Exception:
      QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QLIKVIEW\USERDOCS\Salesforce.qvw.    
      at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)   
      at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)   
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   
      at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)   
      at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)   
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   
      at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)   
      at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)
  • In the DocumentLog I get messages like:
    • CUSTOM CONNECT*Provider*SalesForceDLL.dll*XUserId*XPassword*
    • LOAD Id as UserId,
      ***Lots more fields***
      SQL SELECT *
      FROM User
    • Error: Field not found - <Id>
    • General Script Error
  • I finally traced what appears to be the key difference down to the Salesforce connector logs (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\SalesForce\Log)
    • When it is successful, I get entries like:
    • When it is unsuccessful, I get entries like this (note the lack of SessionId and ServerUrl and zero rows returned):

• Connected to SalesForce with C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\SalesForceDLL.dll version 11, 0, 10017, 0 (DLL Protocol version: 2)
      • EndPointUrl=https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/21.0
      • SessionId=
      • ServerUrl=
      • Result_Init called with query string "SELECT Id, [lots of fields again] FROM User"
      • Successful fetch of 0 rows (     0 seconds)

I suspected this was because the Salesforce credentials were only usable by the user that owns the QVW or something. So I logged in as the service user and opened the document in Desktop and it reloaded fine.

So now I suspect there's a setting somewhere - either in the document or on the server - that means these connection details are getting wiped for some reason. Does anyone know of such a setting or if there is something else I can do to solve this problem?

Tags (1)
Community Browser