cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Art
Contributor
Contributor

Slow loading data when using QlikView 12.40 & Oracle Client 12.2

When loading data from Oracle within Oracle Client 12.2, rise performance degradation and memory consumption grows.

Testing revealed the following results (load 23 million rows):

1. QV 12.40 + Oracle Client 12.1 = RAM 7MB, CPU 6%, Speed  91 600 rows/sec = GOOD!

2. QV 12.40 + Oracle Client 12.2 = RAM > 64GB, CPU 7%, Speed 6 847 rows/sec (very slow) = FAIL!

Load script: OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID={Usr};Data Source={DB};Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is {Pswd});

SELECT * FROM BigTable;

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend opening a support case with Oracle on this one, as it would appear to me the issue is in the new Oracle client, not Qlik given that part stayed the same here?  We do not have any ability to troubleshoot DB vendor connectors, you need to get up with Oracle in this to do that with you.  If they find we are doing something wrong, and are willing to provide the information, then we would be happy to be sure that gets back to our engineers to address, but again, from what I can see, this appears to be an issue with the newer Oracle client, not Qlik.  Wish I had something better for you, but again, we are not Oracle experts, which is why I am suggesting you check their forums or open a support case with them on this one.  If you get further info that points back to Qlik, please post back, and I will try to look at it as quickly as I can.

That all being said, one thing I would suspect may be going on are some changes that may require some tweaks to the connection string, so if you have not tried to recreate the connection string in the QlikView Load Script, I would probably try that, as if there were client changes, that might get picked up in the generation of the new connect string etc.  Best I have on this one.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.