Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

TargetServer Attribute in SAP Connector Connection String

Hi,

I am connecting to SAP system with QVSAPConnector. For the performance improvement, I wanted these qlikview jobs to run on specific group of SAP Application servers. In SAP system we have created Group Of Servers and in qlikview connection string I added group name to TargetServer attribute, but it does not take that attribute. It always errors when I use the group name in TargetServer. I tried with and without angle brackets, but its of no use.

If I give individual server name in the TargetServer attribute, it takes it and fetches data.

Has anyone tried adding server group to TargetServer attribute in SAP Connection string??

Thanks,

Navneet

4 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Navneet,

It is only possible to use an application server as TargetServer:

If specified, forces the background job to be executed on the specified application server. The correct name can be found in transaction SM51. The name is case-sensitive.

Online help:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/6.3/QV-connection/SAP-S...

Regards,

Håkan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for the reply.We have tried with one application server name and the code executes fine, but I was hoping that group of servers name will also work to improve the fetch performance. Looks like that is not supported yet.

Thanks for your help,

Navneet

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Navneet,

If you want to achieve load balancing in the SAP system you can use a Logon Group when creating the connection. Select ServerType 'Message Server', enter the Message Server Host and enter the Group name.

Logon group.JPG

The appropriate server (depending on the current load in the system) from the Logon Group will then be used  to execute each SELECT statements in the script.

Regards,

Hakan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Hakan, I will try that option and see if it works.

Thanks, Navneet