Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

The following error "ID:00 Type:E Number:001 FM BDL_READ_JOB_STATUS failed" while trying to fetch a standard SAP report : FAGL_ACCOUNT_BALANCE

Hi All,

Could you all please help me in identifying what could be the possible reason for the error

"ID:00 Type:E Number:001 FM BDL_READ_JOB_STATUS failed"   while trying to fetch a standard SAP report "FAGL_ACCOUNT_BALANCE".

We are able to fetch the other standard SAP reports. However ,facing problem with the aforementioned report.

We are using the SAP connector v6.1.1 and the SAP version is 7.2

Have attached the log file for  reference.

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Looks like this is a report that the connector can't handle since it is calling the GUI. You can check the job log in transaction SM37 for the job JOB_QTQVC_REPORT. I got this message:

Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached

Regards,

Hakan

View solution in original post

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Josh,

No, unfortunately the connector cannot handle a report calling the GUI. Maybe you can create a variant of the report which is not calling the GUI?

Regards,

Hakan

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Looks like this is a report that the connector can't handle since it is calling the GUI. You can check the job log in transaction SM37 for the job JOB_QTQVC_REPORT. I got this message:

Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached

Regards,

Hakan

coskunist
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Hakan,

I got the same error (Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached ).

Is there anything to do for resolving the issue?

Regards,

Josh

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Josh,

No, unfortunately the connector cannot handle a report calling the GUI. Maybe you can create a variant of the report which is not calling the GUI?

Regards,

Hakan

coskunist
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hakan,

Thank you for information. I'll ask it from the Abap programmer.

sakhatri
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Hakan,

Although this is an old thread but we are facing similar issue where we get BDL_READ_JOB_STATUS error when we try to pull the report from SAP Production system (SAP ECC 6 EHP 4). Same report with same Variant name, columns, column order etc is running perfectly fine when we fetch it from SAP ECC Development server using Qlik SAP Connector. We are using Qlik SAP connector v7.0.1

Thanks,

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

You can try to test the SAP part of the Report connector. Follow the instructions in the attached document. If it does not work you might get a better error message here.

Please also check that the Report creates a spool file.

Regards,
Håkan

sakhatri
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have tried to follow the document, but I am getting following error:

FM BDL_READ_JOB_STATUS failed

Any suggestions?

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Not all Reports create spool files. The Report connector can only handle Reports that creates spool files. Execute the Report in the background in transaction SE38 or SA38. When the report has finished, check in transaction SP01 if there is a spool file generated.

If there is a spool file generated, I suggest to contact the Qlik Support to open a case.

Regards,
Håkan

sakhatri
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Håkan,

Thank you for your input. We were using background SAP user for report extraction so we were not able to debug the error. On comparing SAP development background user with SAP production user, we found out one missing authorization on production system which was causing all the problem.

Really appreciate your timely help.

Thanks,

Saad