Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

Unable to extract a table from SAP BW COnnector....

I recently upgraded the SAp Transports and the qlikview connector to 5.7 .I am able to extract all tables except one table from BW.This table extracted well before upgrade, it used to take 50 mins alone only for this table to extract.But now I get the following error Did not recognise connector reply Select PseudoMDX ( Dimensions (   [ZI_SCPO___F10] () S ,   [ZI_SCPO___F109] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F115] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F116] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F12] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F159] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F220] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F221] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F36] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F38] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F52] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F55] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F56] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F6] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F61] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F7] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F84] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F90] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F97] (),   [ZI_SCPO___F9] ()), Measures (   [4NXO9M0UL9AH18LY710NYNRLR].[4NXO9MVKP3PB3QRQUDA12VMGV],   [4NXO9M0UL9AH18LY710NYNRLR].[4NXO9MNW653LL48AOJ7OSTNR3],   [4NXO9M0UL9AH18LY710NYNRLR].[4NXO9M8J47W6JV5ECV308PQBJ],   [4NXO9M0UL9AH18LY710NYNRLR].[4NXO9MG7N6HW2HOUIP5CIRP1B]), From (ZI_SCPO/EF_ZI_SCPO_Q002_MC)) Any help greatly appreciated.Thanks.

8 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

It's time out . if ther multiquery provider not able to exteact data from SAP BW within specified time . you will get this error. I will not suggest you to use multiquery provide to extract data from SAP BW . its perfromance is too weak.

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the reply.Only for this one table I am unable to deploy the app.I am not an expert in SAP, if this a multi query then could you please suggest an alternative to extract the data required.i downloaded the SAp template to extract tables from SQl for SAP BW , but I am unable to see the info providers which I see via SAp Connector in the SAP template one after reloading the app with the correct connection string.How do I see in SAp what makes up this multi query and how can I extract this in some other way?

suniljain
Master
Master

Can you post screen shot of error ?. It will really help me to give you exact solution.

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunil,

thanks for the reply, please find attached the screenshots.

suniljain
Master
Master

Hi Karthik,

Reason behind this error is Qlikview is not able to receive response from SAP within Specified time becasue of complex nature of query.

you can check following parameter in connection string to increase response time and to reduce packet size of data.

TimeOutBatch=n (default = 600 seconds): The number of seconds that the background job waits for the client side to fetch data.

TimeOutFetch=n (default = 1200 seconds): The number of seconds spent trying to fetch from SAP without getting any records back.

TimeOutStartBatch=n (default = 2400 seconds): The number of seconds that the client side waits for the background job to start.

PacketSize=n (default = 20000): The maximum number of rows that the connector tries to download for each fetch operation. This is re-calculated by the connector and might be reduced automatically, depending of the actual amount of shared memory in the SAP system.

Regards;

Sunil

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi sunil,

I have tried all these options but the result is fail always.I have created a ticket with qliktech and will keep you updated with the reply.

Not applicable

Karthik,  did you ever get this resolved?  I am seeing the same thing with a query

Thanks

Shawn

Not applicable

Karthik,  did you ever get this resolved?  I am seeing the same thing with a query

Thanks

Shawn