Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Select either Print or Save" when use QVSAPReportConnector

Dear all QV-ers,

We need to read standard SAP report S_ALR_87013557 (report name: GPD3MC7LABIVW8X1BEFTFTVGJHQ) due to some calc process wihtin SAP we need to capture. We use QVSAPReportConnector and some SAP Variants have been set to address this issue.

However, when we try to invoke QVSAPReportConnector Wizard, after key-in program name and variant info. It returns error say "Please selec either 'print' or 'save' ?" and QV stops, hence no data returned to Report Connector Wizard to be use on next step. (see file attached)

Maybe some one has experience on this and willing to share ? advise also are welcome

Thx in advance.

Rgds,

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arief,

the report should "print" to the SAP spool file.

So make sure it does...

The report connector reads the output from this table.

Hopes this helps.

cheers

Felix

Not applicable
Author

Hi fsnijders

Thanks for the advise. May I know how should I send a variant to spool ? it should be automatically isn't ?

Thx

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Arief,

QVSAPReport connector extract report from SAP who generate spool in SAP . Otherwise you cannot extract that report.

I alredy worked with S_ALR_87013557 Report. it is of costing. it generate spool in SAP.

you have to enter program name variant of that report in qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the info. Yes I did enter program name (GPD3MC7LABIVW8X1BEFTFTVGJHQ) and variant and SAP accepted. However still I got error as above.

Appreciate if you could share any step that you did to work with that report ?

Thx

suniljain
Master
Master

pls set configuration setting for spool.

suniljain
Master
Master

is it resolve or still struggling ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,  still struggling. I hv no idea how to setting spool on SAP. Had discussion with SAP team as well, but going nowhere Thx btw