Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snehamahaveer
Creator
Creator

2 Calendars in a single dashboard ? Query

Hi ,

I am currently in the process of updating a tab in an exisiting dashboard. My issue with the process is that the current dashboard uses Standard calendar for all its tabs and the one I am updating requires the Fiscal calendar. How could I use both calendars in a dashboard. ? As this is my first dashboard, I am stuck with the basics. Any help would be useful.

Thanks.

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You still only need a single master calendar . The calendar would use date as the key and include calendar month and calendar year as well as fiscal month/period and fiscal year in the same table.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Here is a simple script:

Let vFiscalStart = 4;        //first month of fiscal year

Let vMinDate = Num(MonthStart(Today(), -24)); //or other logic if required

Let vMaxDate = Floor(MonthEnd (Today()));

Calendar:

LOAD *,

If(Month < $(vFiscalStart), Year - 1, Year) As FiscalYear,

If(Month < $(vFiscalStart), Month + 13 - $(vFiscalStart), Month + 1 - $(vFiscalStart)) As FiscalPeriod

;

LOAD Date(nDate) As Date,

Year(nDate) As Year,

Month(nDate) As Month,

Day(nDate) As Day

// other date fields as required...

;

LOAD $(vMinDate) + RecNo() - 1 As nDate

AUTOGENERATE $(vMaxDate) - $(vMinDate) + 1;

(Edit: changed RowNo() to RecNo())

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
maximiliano_vel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try this from Rob Wunderlich

Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook

Regards

snehamahaveer
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Jonathan Dienst and Maximiliano Velez. It so happens that the master calendar has provisions for fiscal year and the std year format, all I had to do was create the values and set it to FIN_month to denote financial month.

I did try using the script given and it made the system slow. I am not sure of the reason behind it.

jonathan dienst