cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III

Adding Input Box values to field results in a bar chart

I am attempting to create a what-if comparison dashboard and i am using alternate states to be able to have the same chart shown twice and one of the charts react to selections made in sheet.  The charts track factories and total demand and show their open capacity and utilization.  i would like to use input boxes to be able to enter a demand value and assign a plant and see how it impacts utilization and open capacity.  How can I update the demand field with the values from the input field.  The data is all proprietary so I cannot post an example but assume i have a dimensions called plant and platform.  The chart is organized by plant and is in a stacked bar chart stacked by platform with the sum of field demand being the expression of values.  I have an input box with a variable of DEMIncrease and i want to add values to that to increase the demand in the charts.  I also have an input box with a variable called Plantincrease that lists available plants so you can select which plant to add the demand to.

Any help would be appreciated

2 Replies
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I created a sample data set.  I would like to select a plant from the 'Plant' input box and enter an amount to add in the  'Amount' Input box and update the chart to see the impact

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Design Blog post, hopefully that may be what you need to get you on the right track with things.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Loading-Data-into-Input-Boxes/ba-p/1469453

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.