Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adjust pivot table to show all value split by chr(10)

Hi,

I'm looking for and idea how to show all values of an expression split by chr(10) - enter. In the the attached example this would be showing 3 rows for John i.e. A, B and C, not just A.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,

Przemek

6 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

can you come again with clear requirement?

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Please see the attached example. In the script you may notice that John has 3 Type values i.e. A, B, and C but the chart shows only the first one - A as the other two values - B and C - are in the not shown lines. I'm looking for an idea to show "hidden" values but keeping them as they are now - in seperate lines.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

There are no charts in the file attached. What expression are you using and in what type of chart?

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the confussion. Now you'll see.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I bet you were using that function. You can go to the chart properties in the Presentation tab set Wrap Cell Text to a certain number of lines, but this number is fixed for all values.

Why don't you use a Only() function instead with a straight table or even use a table box (if you don't really want to get any aggregation)?

Another option, but only useful for presentation purposes (I personally don't use it very much) is to show the information as a tree in a listbox. Check the application attached.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much, Miguel. The chart model - several other expressions - requires first option i.e. wraping cell text but in a dynamic way. All other expressions need to be shown in a single line, if I set a given number of lines to wrap all other will also get the given number of lines. I realize this isn't really a problem although this is the only way to present data I have.

If you have any more idea...

Regards,

Przemek