Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Advanced 'Toggle Select' functionality

Good afternoon,

Has anyone ever tried (successfully) to use the toggle selection Action within a text box to do anything somewhat complex?

In the past, I've usually used the toggle select to flip between binary values (ie: give me only the instances where X is true, false, etc)... This I believe is a bit trickier.  What I'm trying to do is have my toggle select only pick the patients that fall within the top 5% of a certain field -- in essence I want to filter on rows where the following is true:

{<UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825 = {'>$(=fractile(UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825,.95))'}

Has anyone done this?  Am I missing something easy?

Thanks in advance guys.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think a search-string for the selections could be look like:

= '("' & concat(

{<UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825 = {'>$(=fractile(UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825,.95))'}>}

Product, '"|"')

& '")'

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

The set analysis part looked ok. - whereby I would replace the single-quotes with double-qoutes. Did you check within a textbox or a table that your expression worked like expected?

- Marcus

koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The expression works as intended -- what I'm trying to do is fit that expression into a toggle selection...ie: I want to see how the rest of my dashboard changes when I just look at the group that falls within the top 95% of UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to do that via toggle selection.

Sorry if I was unclear -- does that make sense?

marcus_sommer

I'm not quite sure if you really means selections like selections within a listbox and by toggle selections that any selection within a certain field exists and you want to add all further fieldvalues of them which fullfill your condition? Or is it different from this?

- Marcus

koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Apologies for being unclear...let me try this again:

I'm trying to create an easy way to filter my Qlik dashboard to reflect only the products that fall into the top 5% of UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825.  Using the expression I listed above in set analytics, I can see any individual metric that I'd like where UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825 is in the top 5%, but if I wanted my dashboard to be more dynamic, filtering on that would be very helpful.

What I'd prefer is to use the functionality of a text box under the Actions tab -- as an example, in the past I've used the Action "Toggle Select," selected a variable (put into the 'Field' field), then specified the search string to look for.  I like that solution because it allows my end users to quickly and intuitively customize the broader dashboard; it works pretty well for binary/categorical variables.  I'd love to create the same functionality for the expression I listed above: I want to allow my users to quickly filter upon the top 5% of the UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825. 

The action "Toggle Select" is likely not the correct function within the Actions tab, so mostly I'm looking for recommendations as to what the best way to do this would be.

Does that make sense?  Again, apologies if I'm being confusing.

Thanks

marcus_sommer

I think a search-string for the selections could be look like:

= '("' & concat(

{<UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825 = {'>$(=fractile(UTILIZATION_SCORE_1825,.95))'}>}

Product, '"|"')

& '")'

- Marcus

koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That appears to work...I think I have something else wrong with it now, but your solution works.

Thanks Marcus