Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggr for distinct % across Quarters

I am trying to show percentage of Total by Quarter. I am not able to get the correct Quarter Percentage unless I have the quarter selected. I have seen some examples in the community but have seen one using set analysis.

Here is my count formula.

I am counting specific ticket types.

=count({<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket)

I am trying to divide that by the quarter count.

sum(Aggr(NODISTINCT Count(Total{<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket), [Fiscal Year-Quarter]))

I am asking for help on the denominator. So that its not taking the total of all the tickets. I only want to divide by the tickets count of the quarter.

Thank you,

Cassadi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Strange...

a) I don't think there is a need to list fields that are not used as dimensions in your TOTAL field list, so given

, CC_CODE,FCR,CONTEXT are not part of your dimensions, this should return the same value:

=Count(TOTAL <[Fiscal Year-Quarter]>distinct Ticket)

b) Have you enabled any other option, like the 'relative' option for your third expression?

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this:

Sum(TOTAL Aggr(NODISTINCT Count(Total{<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket), [Fiscal Year-Quarter]))

or

Sum(TOTAL<[Fiscal Year-Quarter]> Aggr(NODISTINCT Count(Total{<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket), [Fiscal Year-Quarter]))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you give some more information about the context you are using your expression in? Are you using it in a chart? What are the dimensions and expressions you are using?

And could you also give some numbers, what you expect to get from the numerator and denominator?

Or could you upload a small sample QVW with a description of your expected result?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have many data sources in this dashboard. The context for this chart is looking at the closed tickets. I have a contexts that link into a master calendar. I am also looking at only a subset of the tickets. I have created some logic that is called FCR "First call resolution". Then I am looking at only employees in a certain cost center.

The dimensions I am using are Ticket channel and Fiscal quarter. My goal is to see the percentage of workload to a specific channel in a specific quarter.

My problem is that the % by channel is taking the total tickets for all years. I want to get just the total by quarter. My data is sensitive and I cant post it as an example.

sunny_talwar

Since you are using Fiscal Quarter as dimension, you might want to try this using Total qualifier with the field name:

=Count({<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket) / Count(TOTAL <[Fiscal Quarter]> {<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Capture_WholeTable.PNGCapture-one_Quarter.PNG

Still not working. When the table has no filter the last column is capturing the whole ticket count. When I select a quarter I get the number I want. I believe I need to use AGGR I am just not sure where to put it.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Your fiscal quarter columns looks like a calculcated dimension.

Could you please post the expression you are using for this dimension?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

=IF(Cost_Center_Join='US0****'and [Fiscal Year-Quarter]>='2015-1',[Fiscal Year-Quarter],NULL())

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

See this example:

p_Quarters.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume you have used that exact same field name also in the TOTAL qualifier field list:

=Count({<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket) /

Count( TOTAL<[Fiscal Year-Quarter]> {<CONTEXT={'Ticket_Closed'},FCR={'Yes'},CC_CODE={'US0***'}>} Distinct Ticket)