Aggr value between begin and end date

Hi Guys,

following issue.

I want to show in a chart the value of contracts. These data are given:

contractbeginendtotal value
12301.01.201431.12.2018100 000
12401.01.201531.05.2016500 000
23410.03.201630.11.20196 000 000

It's a bar chart with yearmonth as dimension. In this chart I want to see the total value of contracts per month based on begin and end date.

for example:

yearmonthtotal value
2015-05600 000
2016-066 100 000
2019-016 000 000

So the value should not be cumulated per day or month, rather show only the total value for all contracts which are valid in this period.

Do you have an idea

17 Replies
tiklabaq
Creator
Creator
Author

ok this is good. and how can I make it, if I want to see it in years?

Also, the month is inaccurate if the contract does not start on the 1st, but that's not so bad. if I do that with year, then it does not work. I tested it with yearstart(Date) or yearend.

sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(If(Date >= MonthStart(begin) and Date <= MonthStart(end) and Date = MonthStart(Date), total value))

or this

Sum(If(Date >= MonthStart(begin) and Date <= MonthEnd(end) and Date = MonthStart(Date), total value))

For Year, same logic

Sum(If(Date >= YearStart(begin) and Date <= YearStart(end) and Date = YearStart(Date), total value))

Sum(If(Date >= YearStart(begin) and Date <= YearEnd(end) and Date = YearStart(Date), total value))

tiklabaq
Creator
Creator
Author

it works perfect, but as you said, it is extremely slow

Will it be faster with set analysis?

sunny_talwar

Set analysis will not work because the tables are not connected and hence I suggest Interval Match

tiklabaq
Creator
Creator
Author

If you work on it for hours, you lose the overview at some point. Of course I realized that, I think the best solution will be intervalmatch, you're right. And how do I solve this with year and month?

sunny_talwar

Well, I would not worry about Year for right now and will focus on Interval Matching on MonthStart field (or MonthStart for Begin and MonthEnd for End)... once you have this, Year can be handled on the front end... can't really imagine how, but once you have Month working and can share you expression... I might be able to tell you how to make it work for year....

tiklabaq
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

I've solved it. Really simple

1. intervalmatch with date
  2. expression: sum(value) / count(distinct date) --> result is the avg per dimension
  3. now the chart shows the right values for month, year and so on

I think this is the best way.

Thank you

sunny_talwar

I think so too...

I am glad you managed to get an answer... now would you mind closing this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny