Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aetingu12
Creator
Creator

Aggregation and Set Analysis in Pivot Table

Dear all,

I am have a pivot table that displays Clients and their Balance Movements as such:

ClientCurrent BalancePrior BalanceExisting BalanceNew BalanceRepaid
1100150-5000

[Current] = sum({<Date= {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance)

[Prior] = sum({<Date= {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance)

[Existing] = if([Prior]<>0 and [Current]<>0,[Prior]-[Current],0)

[Repaid] = if([Current]=0,[Prior],0)

[New] = if([Prior]=0,[Current],0)

Very simple and straight forward.  I get the totals correctly.

However, I would like to get rid of the Client column a so that I can show just the Balances for all the clients.  When Clients are excluded from the dimension, then the calculations change as the calculation just becomes between the fields and not for each client I have.

How do I run my totals on Clients without having Client as a dimension?

Regards,

Aksel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

[Current] = Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance)

[Prior] = Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance)

[Existing] = Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance) <> 0 and Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance) <> 0, Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance) - Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance), 0), Client))

[Repaid] = Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance) = 0, Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance), 0), Client))

[New] = Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance) = 0,Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance), 0), Client))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

[Current] = Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance)

[Prior] = Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance)

[Existing] = Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance) <> 0 and Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance) <> 0, Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance) - Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance), 0), Client))

[Repaid] = Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance) = 0, Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance), 0), Client))

[New] = Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Date = {"$(v2ndLastMonth)"}>} Balance) = 0,Sum({<Date = {"$(vLastMonth)"}>} Balance), 0), Client))

aetingu12
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much as always!

Is there a source I can use to read up on set analysis and aggregations?

bjjackson2760
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my totals for my Inputfield are not including the original source totals.  I would like them to include together.  It seems to total on the detail but not the summary totals.  How do I get it to summarize to include the input additions?  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciate.