Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmstephenson
Creator
Creator

Always One Selected Value In Bookmark - Dynamically update to most recent date?

Hi All,

I have some selections that I created a bookmark for. One of the selections is a date field, which is set to always one selected value. When the date field updates to add an additional month when new data is pulled in, I'd like the date in the bookmark to be set to the most recent month, instead of displaying the month when the bookmark was created. Is this possible?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Straight forward not possible. But you can create a variable/flag field and assign current month to that. Now your book mark should get that value. Like currentmonth -> value flag - > Book mark.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

you can use expression search strings in bookmarks:

The Search String

The Expression Search

Maybe you can post a sample application to demonstrate?

hope this helps

regards

Marco

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator
Author

Can you provide an example for selecting maximum date if that date field has Always One Selected Value checked? None of the expressions I've tried seem to work

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator
Author

Any updates on this? How to get around Always One Selected Value for date field - I'd like the bookmark to always use the most recent date from this field.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one example using an expression search bookmark:

QlikCommunity_Thread_244268_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_244268_Pic2.JPG

=Only({1} Month)=Max({1} total Month)

There used to be an issue though that prevented bookmarks from actually storing the expression when it returns only one single value, maybe that's what caused the issue in your case either:

QV11.20SR6: Bookmark with search expression does not work as in QV11

https://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2015/03/02/the-search-string#comment-33888

Re: Bookmark as an expression do not work

In this example I corrected the bookmark by exporting as xml, editing the expression and reimporting it.

Edit: Seems like I accidently used an old QV version. The current version doesn't show this behaviour.

hope this helps

regards

Marco