Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authenticity of QlikView thirdparty tools

I can see a lot of thirdparty utility app for qlikview development is available in the market. Some of them are free, some are paid.

e.g. QVExcel which integrates QlikView with Microsoft excel,

QVMailer which enables users to mail QlikView document to other users on demand or schedule basis (kind of distribution task like QVP?),

several QVD & QVX viewers like QViewer, Q-Eye etc.

My question is, are all of them trustworthy or we should only go for product which are QlikTech certified? In case they are certified, how to confirm that? Any idea?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm the developer of QViewer. I don't see why it can't be trustworthy I made it first for myself, because I needed it, then I shared it with other QlikView developers.

As for potential malware -- it's regularly checked for viruses not only by me but also by many people who download it. You can always verify downloaded file size -- it should be less than 200K or so. Basically, it's so small that any virus would increase its size significantly (up to several megabytes).

If you have any specific concern on mind - let me know.

johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Dmitry - After just a short while with QViewer I don't know how I managed before. I'm using QViewer together with QlikviewComponents and it works really great! It's a great combination for understanding what actually happens in the script.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, Johan! I'm very pleased to hear that

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dmitry,

Incedentally, I am using QViewer as well and it's really a quick and easy solution. Thanks a lot for that.

But my question was not specific to a tool. Let me give you an example:

You can create an android app and release it in your website. People can download and use the app on their device but if that harms the device by any means, Google is not going to take the responsibility. For that, your app has to be certified by Google to be released in android market. Similarly, if we are using a tool which is not approved by QlikTech and if that mess up anything in the client environment, QlikTech is not going to take any responsibility or provide any support. So I wanted to know whether there is any concept like 'QlikTech certified product' to use these extremely useful tools (makes a developer's life easy ) without any overhead.

Please let me know if I made myself clear.

Thanks,

Anirban

johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Well, to my knowledge there is not. You'll have to make up you own mind as to if you can trust a tool or not.

//Johan