Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

Automate report in little steps

Hi,

the question of automating reports has been here before, I have searched and found it, too. I cannot, however, set up an email account on the server and all that. Thus I have to look for another way of minimizing the effort it takes to draw this report on a daily basis.

I tried with setting a trigger on opening the document to activate a certain sheet, run the script and set a bookmark on the current month - a dynamic search expression (on the field >Monat<) that I had created earlier,

>> = Monat=Month(TODAY()) <<

It works fine - but for the bookmark. That is not set and unfortunately, without setting this bookmark, the report does not currently show anything.

Can anybody give me a hint here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I guess this is either some bug in the SW or - more probable IMHO - it is due to the restrictions on my PC - I am not ADMIN, as all of my colleagues.

I tried some other possibilities rgd. the bookmark and I even tried replacing it with a static bookmark, but nothing worked - activating a bookmark seems just not to work, regardless how I intend to do it.

Can anyone here think of a readon? Is QlikView accessing any Windows_components for activating bookmarks which might be blocked?

I don't intend to change it for it doesn't make sense when it works for me, but not for the users, but it is annoying. I would like to understand.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Well, half of it works - I have to manually apply the bookmark, but clearing it on leaving the worksheet works 😉