Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Average based variable conditional selection

Hello everybody,

This is my very first post as being a new user in the community.I have now been experimenting with Qlikview for some time with mixed success. I have found this forum very useful to find answers to challenges that I have been running into.

Currently I am running into a issue for which I have not found any discussion on the community and therefore I sincerely hope you can help me find a solution.

Issue:

Dashboard requires a graph with a average line. The average is to be determined based on the selected year. The expected result here is a average (single field) based on the previous years. Please see below example:

ScreenShot235.jpg

Explaination of fields in the example

Field selection: represents the selection the user applies on the data displayed on the left;

Expected result: the calculation that is expected to be returned based on the selection;

Expected returned value: the value that will be plotted in the graph.

All fields discussed reside in the same table.

I would expect (in words) that the following is to be included in the expression:

Selected year(s)

AND

Inverse of the selection of the year < selected year

Until now I have not been able to solve this in any expression (although help function is quite good) and therefore stuck. I hope you can send me in the correct direction!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Johan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Average based variable conditional selection

See attached example.

edit: oops wrong attachment, should be the right one now

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

See attached example.

edit: oops wrong attachment, should be the right one now

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you for the fast response!

Either I do not get your answer or I must have explained my issue in a incorrect way.

Looking at your example it "works" as follows:

- Selection of date 23/07

- a distinct count of no. of operations (1) is returned (selection based) and title=58

In relation to the issue that I have raised this discussion for I expect the following:

- Selection of date 23/07
   (this would relate to year in the example above)

- expected result: average of title = 55,5
   (average based on selection of the previous day where this would relate to the values for a given year in the example above)

I have studied the solution you have promoted and done some experimenting based on my experience. I was not able to find the solution.

I hope I have explained the "issue" better.

regards,

Johan