Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

Avoid reloading table using 'resident' function

Hi,

I want to perform an age calcuation at a point in time in my cloud.

I have two tables: Action (at a certain date) and Person (which contains the birthdate of every person performing an action).

The example and screenshot gives some extra info.

AgeCalc.png

Regards,

Maarten

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Hi,

If you make a QVD of the tables and then calculated table like Action and use this QVD it will much faster when you acces it it will faster like 1/10 times in comparision to other table loading.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable

Hi Anand,

You mean something like this?

I see it does no longer use Synthetic keys (so that's definately a + :-)), but in that case I still need to do some kind of reload of all of the data (BUT according to you, it should be definately a lot faster), right?

AgeCalc2.png

Kind regards,

Maarten

Hi,

Yes thats correct also you try to include in QVD the condition that you make like for [Age at Action Date] and use that QVD.

Rgds

Anand

Highlighted
chauhans85
Esteemed Contributor

Load two table i.e Action and person. using left join as u did already

and use age funtionwhile representing

in expression age(.actn_date,prsn,prsn_birthdate) and give the expression name [Age at Action date];

or

if you are using in dimession the use calculated dimension

write age(.actn_date,prsn,prsn_birthdate) and give the label name [Age at Action date];

hope this helps

Not applicable

Re: Avoid reloading table using 'resident' function

@Anand,

I gave that serveral tries, but QlikView can't recognize the variable coming from the other table...

@Sunil,

If I look at the age function you are mentioning, it takes more than 2 parameters... Is that correct? Further I don't see the exact difference between the two examples you are showing... I suppose one is done in the script and the other one is done in the cloud itself? (this last one is not an option for 36M rows :-)).

Ps: I just created a QVD with the source data, to stop fooling arround with inline tables (as the actual data will also be fed from a QVD).

AgeCalc3.png

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Maarten

Community Browser