Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

BUG(?): Dollar-Sign Expansion with Parameters

Hi,

I use the following inline function to determine background color of textbox:

/*

Calculate the background color based on the Actual, Budget and Actual%

(1) - Actuals

(2) - Budget

(3) - %Budget

*/

SET BackgroundColor = IF($2 = 0, // IF Budget = 0

IF($1 = 0, //...and also actuals = 0            

RGB(221,221,221), //  = Grey,

RGB(128,255,128) // = GREEN, actuals <> 0

),

IF($3 >=1,

RGB(128,255,128), //GREEN

IF($3 >=0.75,

RGB(255,255,128), //YELLOW

RGB(255,66,66) //red

)

)

)

;

The actual implementation looks something like this:

=$(BackgroundColor($(=only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} Actual)), $(=Only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} Budget)),$(=Only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} %Budget))))

I use another dollar-expansion variable to retrieve the relavant KPI's expression an evaluate on the fly

First parameter (Actual)

sum(

{<

[Exec P&L Heading]= {'Gross Profit'}

>}[#Transact bedrag])

Second parameter (Budget)

sum( {<

[Verdichting1]= {'Total Revenue from Services','Total Costs of Services'}

>}#Budget)

Third parameter (%Budget)

$(=only({<KPI = {'Gross Profit'}>}[Actual])) / ($(=only({<KPI = {'Gross Profit'}>}[Budget])))

Here's the problem. the inline function (BackgroundColor) will fail if one of the parameters contains a comma (in the above example - second parameter). Otherwise it works just fine.

Any idea's?

Many thanks in advance,

Dror

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: BUG(?): Dollar-Sign Expansion with Parameters

Your example has dollar sign expansion with evaluate but I suspect you need two levels. Try the following:

=$(BackgroundColor($(=$(=only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} Actual))), $(=$(=Only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} Budget))),$(=$(=Only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} %Budget)))))

Again, you need to make sure the results of the three expressions do not have any commas.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Commas in the parameter list always separate the parameters; as far as I know there is no way to escape it (pun intended). The only way around it is to not pass a comma. In your example, try passing the [KPI nr] value and the field names, Actual, Bugdet, and %Budget, and resolve the expression in the BackgroundColor variable.

Not applicable

oh. I thought setting the expression in dollar expansion will cause Qlikview to first evaluate it to value and then pass it to the function. I'll keep on looking...

Not applicable

Your example has dollar sign expansion with evaluate but I suspect you need two levels. Try the following:

=$(BackgroundColor($(=$(=only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} Actual))), $(=$(=Only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} Budget))),$(=$(=Only({<[KPI nr] = {'1'}>} %Budget)))))

Again, you need to make sure the results of the three expressions do not have any commas.

Not applicable

Bingo! Thanks!!!

Community Browser